1,300 HP, 312 MPH, Guthrie Levie Racing takes off the gloves !

TZ750d

Registered
With two (2) engines and from 2,300 cc to 3,200 cc available,
including alcohol,nitrous and turbo, we anticipate at least
1000 RWHP in a trim that allows pretty good reliability, and
1,300 RWHP "for emergencies."

Right now, we have excellent drivetrain reliability,
and expect to soon have the traction issues dealt with.

Aero in the wind tunnel is coming soon.

Pictures of the sidecar bike and the "twin" are in this video.

Motorcycle Speed Trials at Bonneville - KENV Channel 10 Elko - Nevada's Information Network

As partner and rider JOHN LEVIE said:

" 312 MPH is the goal !"

Is this a realistic goal? Why not 300? Sounds like a nice, round, and sweet number to aim for.

311 is the record to beat...RIP

Oh, OK. I remember that the rider went down at the end. What ended up being the reason for the crash?

BTW, 312 mph = 502.114 kph. On the other hand, 500 kph = 310.686 mph while 311 mph = 500.505 kph (the more precise conversion rate is 1.60934), so there is nothing special about 312 mph (502.114 kph) except that it beats the record.

Regardless, 311 or 312 mph is crazy fast.

Now, what in the world is .945?

Man, that's a bummer. LOL. I have a solution for you...

Next time you get pulled over, and the officer asks you how fast you were going, you can reply: "I am not sure officer, but I always keep it under 200". :whistle:

How much HP were you putting out? What was the wind? Did you eat before the pass? Did you... nah, I am not gonna ask that...

Now, what in the world is .945?

On July 17, 2011, riding a highly modified turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa, Warner set a new world motorcycle land speed record of 311.945 miles per hour (502.027 km/h) from a standing start to 1.5 miles at the Loring Timing Association's Land Speed Race

Bill Warner (motorcycle racer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trust me I know, this year at Bonneville I went 199.993 mph so technically I can't say I went 200 without lying:banghead:

That is exactly why I say every MPH counts big. When you make a goal, sometimes that last couple tenths of a mph is extremely hard to get. I'd hate to admit how many times I ran 199.xxx mph before making my personal goals.

Back