Russia and Ukraine

I've just read that Ukraine is starting to make concessions and are talking about not joining NATO and remaining a neutral entity...

I didn't see anything regarding to the Donbas or Crimea regions...if those two remaining contested points get sorted...it could be the end of the invasion as these were the main demands given by the Putin regime to stop the aggression....
That is all Putin wanted from the start. Not for Ukraine to be part of NATO. Biden said that was not negotiable.

So avoidable.

That is all Putin wanted from the start. Not for Ukraine to be part of NATO. Biden said that was not negotiable.

So avoidable.
I read nothing regarding Biden's denial of Putin's request that Ukraine not be allowed to Join NATO.

I did read the request was deemed unviable by western NATO leaders due to the "Open Door policy." (article 10) However NATO had no plans to admit Ukraine, it said nothing about Biden being the sole denier of Ukraine.

Ukraine not joining NATO is ridiculous. Putin will just come back to finish the job in 5 years. Putin has spilled the beans, he is no match for NATO forces so he can't do anything if we sit on his border. With the money it will take to rebuild, Ukraine will not be able to build a military too.

Biden is not against Ukraine joining NATO. President Zelensky saying maybe Ukraine won't join NATO is a negotiating ploy. It makes no sense for Ukraine.

The no-fly zone is silly. The bombers are releasing their munitions from Russia, they aren't even in the country - so the no-fly zone would have to extend into Russia. We can make the sky unusable without flying jets over Ukraine. Have you noticed the helos are gone in the new videos you see? Early on there were helos all over the skies but it's suicide now that the country is flooded with shoulder-launched SAMs. Just like in Afghanistan we have taken helos out of the picture. Now we are giving them drones and SAMs that will both make the jet zone (10K up to 25-30K feet) unflyable. The stuff we are sending now will extinguish anything that moves, including armor.

People think our hesitation to enter a war with Russia is because we are afraid of them. We aren't, and it's doubtful the conflict would escalate to Russia and the US. If we enter the war, Ukraine will be a smoking hole in the ground and maybe some of the surrounding countries. It will mean the complete extinction of both Ukraine and Ukrainians who did not get out of the way of a fight like that one would be.

And finally, Biden is doing a great job of keeping this situation under some level of control. Trump, remember tried to destroy NATO, even threatening to leave it. And he held up weapons to Ukraine, demanding Zelensky finger Biden first.

BTW: Did you notice that oil is going down? Did you notice the gas prices haven't gone down in spite of the tumbling oil price? Inflation is Biden's fault?

Biden is the main reason all of this is spinning out of control fast. He has and is a complete failure on all fronts. Trump did not try to destroy nato he only wanted them to pony up. Well there ponying up now. Biden and that drug addict son of his are compromised and so Biden fears exposure to all his corruption.

He’s incapable of leading as he is not leader material.

Biden spent trillions, he flooded the money supply and diluted the dollar. To many dollars chasing to few goods means inflation. Yes he caused inflation thats a fact.

BTW: Did you notice that oil is going down? Did you notice the gas prices haven't gone down in spite of the tumbling oil price? Inflation is Biden's fault?
Traditionally there has always been a lag between oil prices and gas prices.

When oil goes up, the lag time has always been shorter than when oil goes down.

When oil goes up, sometimes gas stations lose money during catch up and when oil goes down, they make more money while catching up.

It has always worked that way.

During conditions similar to now, some of our past presidents would actually get involved with the oil companies to reduce margins, so they do not profit as much from the situation. Some past presidents would work with Saudi Arabia, Quatar and OPEC.

And some presidents do nothing.

Biden spent trillions, he flooded the money supply and diluted the dollar. To many dollars chasing to few goods means inflation. Yes he caused inflation thats a fact.
Sometimes I have to step in for some balance. To be fair, free money was pouring in during Covid and Trumps administration. That printing of money comes at a cost. This, where we are now, recession wise was bound to happen. Now we have it. And you can bet that the Republicans are going to put this knife through the heart of the current administration for it.

But reality is, we got screwed by all the free Covid money they had to create to prop us up during the shutdown. It needed to be done. But it also needs to be paid back at some point. We are reaching some point.

Could Biden have done a better job of softening the inevitable? You bet. But sooner or later this would have been here. Timing wise we knew last year that around March?April of this year things would take a bad turn. That was before Ukraine ever was a thing.

We can't forgive rents, mortgages, debts and put everyone one on welfare money, and expect to be not suffer for it.. All that happened before Biden happened.

We're not in recession, the economy is overheating. The GDP is up and Biden created more jobs last month than Trump netted in his entire 4-year term.

Sadly, he was cozy with him as well....probably didn't want to hurt his election by launching before it happened...once it was confirmed he was out, all bets were off then.

All these bad actors know the US can't engage everywhere on all fronts so if Russia is keeping their eyes busy, the other kids will act up....

I saw a tiny little blurb in the news where uniformed troops in Ethiopia were burning civilians alive and killing villages full of civilians.....where is the outrage and intervention? That barely made the news and I know from experience these sorts of atrocities occur each day in these sorts of countries.....

Where is the outrage? Not too many white folks in Ethiopia.

We're not in recession, the economy is overheating. The GDP is up and Biden created more jobs last month than Trump netted in his entire 4-year term.
We have to be careful with these statements.

Advance data only is available for 4th quarter 2021, so we are still waiting for the real numbers.

At an annual rate of 6.9 that looks great for 2021, but that is what caused inflation and supply chain issues which are still out of whack. If you are working with the construction industry, I am sure you are aware of the chaos.

What really happened here is the Fed was asleep at the wheel and since January the markets have tanked towards a recession for 2022.

This week the PPI (producer price index) showed an all time record of 10% increase. So if you look at that against GDP we are actually going backwards.

This is going to be tough to fix.

For you, that simply means every dollar of your worth which is not in appreciable assets will be losing value every day.

Anyone who thinks current conditions are good and Biden did a good job, simply does not have a good understanding of the economy.

Yes, the gas we buy today was distilled from oil a month or more ago, but this is about oil companies profiteering for as long as they can keeping the gas prices up. They are making billions for every day they can buy oil cheaper and make you pay the same high prices at the pump. BTW: If Biden isn't working the oil industry why are prices dropping?

Biden: "Oil prices are decreasing, gas prices should too. Last time oil was $96 a barrel, gas was $3.62 a gallon. Now it’s $4.31. Oil and gas companies shouldn’t pad their profits at the expense of hardworking Americans."

I
Ukraine not joining NATO is ridiculous. Putin will just come back to finish the job in 5 years. Putin has spilled the beans, he is no match for NATO forces so he can't do anything if we sit on his border. With the money it will take to rebuild, Ukraine will not be able to build a military too.

Biden is not against Ukraine joining NATO. President Zelensky saying maybe Ukraine won't join NATO is a negotiating ploy. It makes no sense for Ukraine.

The no-fly zone is silly. The bombers are releasing their munitions from Russia, they aren't even in the country - so the no-fly zone would have to extend into Russia. We can make the sky unusable without flying jets over Ukraine. Have you noticed the helos are gone in the new videos you see? Early on there were helos all over the skies but it's suicide now that the country is flooded with shoulder-launched SAMs. Just like in Afghanistan we have taken helos out of the picture. Now we are giving them drones and SAMs that will both make the jet zone (10K up to 25-30K feet) unflyable. The stuff we are sending now will extinguish anything that moves, including armor.

People think our hesitation to enter a war with Russia is because we are afraid of them. We aren't, and it's doubtful the conflict would escalate to Russia and the US. If we enter the war, Ukraine will be a smoking hole in the ground and maybe some of the surrounding countries. It will mean the complete extinction of both Ukraine and Ukrainians who did not get out of the way of a fight like that one would be.

And finally, Biden is doing a great job of keeping this situation under some level of control. Trump, remember tried to destroy NATO, even threatening to leave it. And he held up weapons to Ukraine, demanding Zelensky finger Biden first.

I agree with everything you said except for trump trying to destroy nato. Trump got sick and tired of Americans paying the largest amount towards nato while other countries weren’t contributing fairly since really nato is more to protect Europe then it is to protect the unites states and Canada.

I back trump 100% on the cutting of nato fund from the U.S and I’m not even a U.S citizen.

We have to be careful with these statements.

Advance data only is available for 4th quarter 2021, so we are still waiting for the real numbers.

At an annual rate of 6.9 that looks great for 2021, but that is what caused inflation and supply chain issues which are still out of whack. If you are working with the construction industry, I am sure you are aware of the chaos.

What really happened here is the Fed was asleep at the wheel and since January the markets have tanked towards a recession for 2022.

This week the PPI (producer price index) showed an all time record of 10% increase. So if you look at that against GDP we are actually going backwards.

This is going to be tough to fix.

For you, that simply means every dollar of your worth which is not in appreciable assets will be losing value every day.

Anyone who thinks current conditions are good and Biden did a good job, simply does not have a good understanding of the economy.
We just went through an unprecedented time with the controls on the economy shut on and off and on and off very quickly. It's going to take a while to say whether or not the right thing was done going all the way back to Obama. But Biden has been at it for only a year+ and you expect him to change the fundamental unbalances in the face of this chaos? That's irrational.

The bottom line is if you work every day for a living you are lucky Biden is at the wheel and not the previous chump. Even if your bigger check is buying you less, at least you have a check. I say again, Biden created more jobs last month than Trump netted in his entire term.

I

I agree with everything you said except for trump trying to destroy nato. Trump got sick and tired of Americans paying the largest amount towards nato while other countries weren’t contributing fairly since really nato is more to protect Europe then it is to protect the unites states and Canada.

I back trump 100% on the cutting of nato fund from the U.S and I’m not even a U.S citizen.
Obama started asking NATO to pay more before Trump. The NATO members had already agreed to meet the 2% of GDP goal when Trump started barking like he made it happen. Where would be now if the NATO countries were not united? Being loud and ignorant is not a valid form of diplomacy.

Trump said the US was going to do 3% when we are already doing more than that. Then he said we want 4%, which even the US can't afford.

We just went through an unprecedented time with the controls on the economy shut on and off and on and off very quickly. It's going to take a while to say whether or not the right thing was done going all the way back to Obama. But Biden has been at it for only a year+ and you expect him to change the fundamental unbalances in the face of this chaos? That's irrational.

The bottom line is if you work every day for a living you are lucky Biden is at the wheel and not the previous chump. Even if your bigger check is buying you less, at least you have a check. I say again, Biden created more jobs last month than Trump netted in his entire term.
Draw a trend line 10 year data, Nasdaq, S&P 500 or Russel 2000.

They all tell the same story. There was a big dip with the Covid scare, then it corrected itself. From January 2021 to December 2021, free money became rocket fuel and the economy completely overheated. January 2022 with still no rate increases from the Fed, the inflation rates and anticipation of rate increases allowed Trillions to leave the markets.

All of this happened 100% under Biden’s watch.

I

You want to be the big dog with the loudest bark, you pay the price....the former president was all for pulling the US out of NATO...Putin would have absolutely loved that...and was waiting for it to happen.

The US has the largest military and covers the most ground..

I disagree that NATO is primarily to protect Europe....Canada is ripe with natural resources and only a short flight away for a non-NATO country to take advantage of...if we weren't part of NATO, the US would have no grounds to intervene...we'd be diassected in a heartbeat.

Here is the thing:
Shortly after the elections, I posted a thread about what I expected gas prices would increase to under Biden. Even before Ukraine, the increase exceeded my expectations, after Ukraine the highest increase in decades.

Our borders are open, we have basically lost control.

The stock market has tanked, it shed trillions.

We have record inflation, the rate of increase being higher than in the past 40 years.

Debt is spiraling.

Ukraine is being invaded and we are on the brink of WW3.

Iran just bared its teeth and fired missiles our way in Iraq.

The entire world were dismayed about how we exited Afghanistan

And yes Hunter remains pretty much an embarrassment to the administration.

It’s OK to be a Trump hater, based on the style of his exit, but every day fewer folks have their heads stuck in the sand. People are taking note.
Hi. I think that Hunter is the light in Bidens eyes. So he should be the light in our eyes as the GREAT son of Biden. Just look what Biden did for Hunter to protect his job in Ukraine. I am sure he was one of there best workers.

Draw a trend line 10 year data, Nasdaq, S&P 500 or Russel 2000.

They all tell the same story. There was a big dip with the Covid scare, then it corrected itself. From January 2021 to December 2021, free money became rocket fuel and the economy completely overheated. January 2022 with still no rate increases from the Fed, the inflation rates and anticipation of rate increases allowed Trillions to leave the markets.

All of this happened 100% under Biden’s watch.
I didn't know Biden directly controlled the Fed.

President Biden has chosen to keep Jerome Powell in place for a second term as Federal Reserve chairman — a move that signals continuity with the central bank's policies at a time when the economy faces critical challenges, including surging inflation

Biden nominated current Fed governor Lael Brainard to serve as vice chair. Brainard had been seen as a leading contender to replace Powell.

Under Powell and Brainard the Fed has kept interest rates near zero despite the current high prices for all kinds of goods, as it focuses on returning the economy to full employment and as policymakers argue that inflation will prove temporary.

"Powell and Brainard share the Administration's focus on ensuring that economic growth broadly benefits all workers," the White House said in a statement.

Biden's pick to stick with Powell will likely reassure financial markets, despite opposition from some progressive members of the president's own party.

Powell, a Republican, was originally appointed to the Fed's governing board by former President Barack Obama and was elevated to the chairman's post by then-President Donald Trump.

Obama started asking NATO to pay more before Trump. The NATO members had already agreed to meet the 2% of GDP goal when Trump started barking like he made it happen. Where would be now if the NATO countries were not united? Being loud and ignorant is not a valid form of diplomacy.

Trump said the US was going to do 3% when we are already doing more than that. Then he said we want 4%, which even the US can't afford.
You want to be the big dog with the loudest bark, you pay the price....the former president was all for pulling the US out of NATO...Putin would have absolutely loved that...and was waiting for it to happen.

The US has the largest military and covers the most ground..

I disagree that NATO is primarily to protect Europe....Canada is ripe with natural resources and only a short flight away for a non-NATO country to take advantage of...if we weren't part of NATO, the US would have no grounds to intervene...we'd be diassected in a heartbeat.
U.S would guard us regardless if we were nato or not simply to the fact if Russia is going to attack it will be through the North Pole first. Nuclear or aircraft wise. Sorry didn’t mean to reply to you fall.

Back