Run in with some Mexican Harley riders @ Cycle gear .

c10

Registered
Straight in from Mexico a group of three . Gustavo in the middle with his wife . They are heading to New Orleans for the week , and then back to Galveston Texas for the Lone Star Rally coming up . All they spoke was Spanish , but ease dropping in on them while they talked to Gus the 6' 5" store manger I figured out where they were going .
As they were about to leave inserted myself in my best broken spanish if they were taking super slab I-10 East bound .
Gus then translated for me if they wanted to take a scenic Gulf coast route . Of course the three men were very interested especially when mentioning they might see some big Gators on Louisiana 82 , and 27 market roads through the swamp along the coast with a ferry ride in Cameron Louisiana .
Took the time to write out the roads , and turns for them . Gus liked it so much he took a photo for himself of the route .
A little back story on Gus . Him, and I ran into each other two weeks ago in Eureka springs Arkansas ( actually Turners Bend on #23 south of E.S. )

I hope this group have a great ride in the USA , and they were quiet a bit nicer than the normal HD groups encountered over the years .

Last edited:

Wow! I seriously thought you’d had a ‘run-in’ with this bunch . . . Over here that means an altercation!!!!
The whole time I was reading your post I was waiting for the grisly details lol.
My first thought when I saw the pics was “ these guys have gotta be drug barons to have Harley’s like that” but I calmed down and realised I may be stereotyping them.
I’m glad you were able to show them some Southern hospitality Texas style!

Wow! I seriously thought you’d had a ‘run-in’ with this bunch . . . Over here that means an altercation!!!!
The whole time I was reading your post I was waiting for the grisly details lol.
My first thought when I saw the pics was “ these guys have gotta be drug barons to have Harley’s like that” but I calmed down and realised I may be stereotyping them.
I’m glad you were able to show them some Southern hospitality Texas style!

It means the same thing here too, except maybe not in Texas.:rolleyes:

Sometimes they think they are their own country-"The Republic of Texas...."

Texas is actually smaller than the province I live in (Ontario Canada).
I used to love watching JR Ewing in “Dallas” back in the early 80’s, Texas was full of millionaires, ‘oil men’.
Oh the glory days lol.

I used to love watching JR Ewing in “Dallas” back in the early 80’s, Texas was full of millionaires, ‘oil men’.
Oh the glory days lol.
Sometimes they think they are their own country-"The Republic of Texas...."

Texas is actually smaller than the province I live in (Ontario Canada).
Hey, compared to NZ, any place is big!
Texas is a unique place . I can go from wrestling a 400 lb heifer to NASA in about 15 minutes ;) hi tech to pushing dirt .
Remember the Alamo!
the Alamo? I’ll have to google that. . .

No, not a memorial as such, every year there is a major event called the Burt Munro Challenge down south in Invercargill, Burt's old home town.
It's a wonderful celebration of Burt's achievements and a Mecca for all motorcyclists, with many events spread over 5 days in the summer.
Hey, maybe you should spend some of your retirement money and come down here, hire a bike, and you and I can ride down there, 567 kms of awesome scenic wonderland . . with the possibility of seeing a few Hobbits too!!

Back