RS3 ZYCLONE SLIP-ON BAFFLES (RACE)OR (COMPETTITION)

OB_asubayah

Registered
Has anyone purchased just the replacement baffles (race) for their yosh slip-ons? I have been trying to order some for about a month now. Each time I go round & round with several different shops as they always have a different part number depending on who answers the phone at Yoshimura R&D. There are three different part numbers that I have been given: AB0163, AB253 AND ABO168R! I have been told by Yoshimura that the baffles have to have (1): adapters or be (2): custom made?! and (3): they won't have any made until end of year? last, (4): they are in stock and ready to be shipped. I can't get a straight answer from them. Why can't a business such as this (professional?) know what is even going on with their own product?

[This message has been edited by asubayah (edited 22 August 1999).]

To answer your questions about baffles:
abo163r is used for gsxr750 slipons (bolt-on type) - not applicable.
ab253 is a comp baffle for pipes with an intermediate pipe- not applicable.
abo168r is for the R149SO specifically.
We are creating a specific part number for the R148SOC-C, we just did not anticipate a demand for this type of item, but we are happy to build it. I should have a special part number for it later today, but basically it is an ABO168R that is slightly reduced in inlet size to fit in the Zyclone inlet. Here's the details:
It uses a reduced size comp baffle with a small spacer that we install at the factory so you have proper spacing inside and account for the round endcap tip (Race has oval tip) Call me with any questions (800) 634-9166 Steve

I have a set of Yosh street oval slipons and am very impressed with the quality of the pipes, tight clearances and attention to detail. Nice job Yoshimura!

Anguish - where did you buy them and how much did you pay? Also, have you remapped the FI or does it run fine with slipons and no changes.

All I want is more sound!

I ordered them from Dennis Kirk in the USA. Excellent service and they sent them air freight in 4 days.They were $ 493.00 plus 22 for freight. Just a bit more noise, no remap, runs same as stock. A pal with the4-1 yosh has a rich even after remap . Tailpipes nice and clean with the slipons, and no backfire on deacceleration. A good choice for someone who doesn't want to screw about with the fuel inj. A compromise- lessnoise for less hassles.

I already made my own baffles, that is to say I modified them to be straight through and I left the packing in. Now it doesn't sound like a 4 cylinder VAN. I am still not impressed with their product as I had too many other problems with them.

Back