Yoshimura, Lack of Quality Control

OB_asubayah

Registered
I have had nothing but problems with my Yosh RS3 slip-ons. For $530.00 I received
slip-ons with no protective finish; they scratch easy & were already scratched up in the box. the finish was poor as one of the slip-ons is actually separating from the front where it meets the header pipe. This causes exhaust gases to leak out (at this point) It didn't sound too much better than a 4 cylinder van; so I thought I would purchase some compettition baffles (only no one at yoshimura could give me a straight answer). Anyhow, when I went to take them apart to make my own baffles the left slip-on had a corroded (seized bolt) which stripped my allen wrench tool and the head. I might add that I have worked on automobiles all my life so I know the proper method for removing parts. Now I am without a means to ride my motorcycle unless I want to use an easy-out and then helicoil the hole once done. This will end up costing alot more $$$ and time! I don't think too much of Yoshimura's Products and regret the decision to purchase this brand. I only get one week out of the month to ride as I work at a mine and now I won't even get to ride for a another month; maybe the rest of the year. THANK YOU YOSHIMURA! YOUR EXPENSIVE PRODUCT LOOKS GOOD ON MY GARAGE FLOOR!
By the way, even bicycles & rifle scopes use a higher grade aluminum (made to aircraft specifications) that doesn't mar or scratch as easily as these slip-ons. for $530.00 Yoshimura should be using top notch materials.

[This message has been edited by asubayah (edited 29 August 1999).]

I have the yoshi full system on my busa and I am very pleased with the Quality fit and finish etc.

Sounds like you have a LEMON

Don

I decided not to let Yoshimura's poor workmanship ruin my only riding time left before winter. I finally dismantled them after quite a few hours work. With some miscellaneous parts I bought, I repaired everything except the exhaust leak. It leaks a little, not enough to keep me from riding!

Back