Rode down to some destroyed towns

Relsek

Registered
Here is my with my Busa at the Bowling Green Florida Citgo station. Notice the Nat'l Guard in the background. They were eyeing our bikes.
evil.gif

DCP_0002.JPG

1 last picture of stuff everywhere. Imagine if this storm had gone through Tampa or St. Petersburg with the population of those two cities.

This area still has no power, people were lined up behind an 18 wheeler receiving bags of Ice and water. Gas stations cant sell gas with no electricity. The nearby towns with electricity have large lines at the pumps.

DCP_0013.JPG

They are there to deter people from looting. In this case the gas station. They also help with humanitarian aid. They will sometimes bring equipment for purifying water and also helping with restoring infrastructure.
wink.gif

The same things they do in Iraq but no-one is out to kill them for helping here like they do there.

Feel sorry for those suffering the effects of this and other storms. It will be a long time before life can return to normal completely.

Looks like the storm had some fun for itself down there.
P.S. Safety Guy asks, Where is your riding gear?

For some stupid reason I thought I could do without it. It won't happen again, I had to ride in about an hour of rain on the way home. I will wear my leather jacket no matter how hot from now on. It really stinks shivering and being cold.

Rubber Necking huh?

The Polk County Sheriff's Office ordered a dusk-to-dawn curfew Saturday, after hundreds of drivers were observed taking sightseeing drives in many of the hardest-hit areas.[/QUOTE]

Ya know, I bet a lot of them folks down there could have really used a helping hand, instead of folks taking Smiley pictures with Sportbikes.

No trying to be too harsh man, but WTF?

People loosing their homes, people dying, and your down there like a tourist...
mad.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I spent the previous day with a chainsaw helping old ladies and other cut up their fallen trees and haul them out to the curb, but I don't usually go around patting myself on the back so I didn't mention that.

wink.gif

I've been thru 3 hurricanes and the following clean up / relief work. Tarps, generators, sheet plastic, canned goods ... I wish everyone there a speedy recovery.

Bah, What do I know, Just seemed sorta Rude... Like slowing down for a carwreck but not really being there to help...

Yeah, I know what you mean, I did feel kind of odd, not for taking the pictures, but for posing for the one. I guess I have to agree, that could be taken a bit rude.

To all Hurricane Charley victims, Kevin Kesler does hereby appologize for posing for a picture in front of hurricane damage. Please accept my appology.

sad.gif

Will you forgive me now Rev?

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: "dumb spelling"|1092704459 -->

rev you hit a sore spot with that Like slowing down for a carwreck but not really being there to help...
now i know what your sayin like when i was in a jam on I-95 in jacksonville couple of years ago and saw a semi restin on top of a miata that was a done deal for me didnt wanna wait for almost an hour to see that

Back