RIP Scott Kalitta

I'm shocked. Scott was a wonderful guy. I talked to him in the pits several times at various races over the years. He always seemed to take time out for the fans no matter how busy the team was between rounds.

Englishtown needs to seriously reevaluate their shut down area. That's way too short to have a concrete wall at the top end. The drivers have to come together and make it known that they will NOT set foot on a track until the NHRA does everything in their power to make them as safe as possible. Going 330 in the quarter is never going to be "safe," but they can take certain measures to at least ensure a safe shut down area. Lack of run out just killed the son of one of the biggest names in drag racing history, it's just sad that it takes the death of an influential driver to change things.

That RUNOFF was Way TOO SHORT !!!!!   I would'nt have Raced on that Track Myself.

RIP !!!! SO SAD.  Feel For the Family
please.gif

That track needs banned to the top fuelers and funny cars.

RIP Scott
Good luck. They have been racing at Englishtown for decades, getting a place with the history that place has off the list wont happen. They should stop running there until the run off area is up to par.

RIP Scott.

...hard to call a K-rail @ the end of a track a ( Run-off ).. prayers sent. now a days..with all the saftey equipment and on board fires nozzles/ firesuit .. when a blower or the belt lets go usually the burn is contained .. the crashsafari is usually on the spot when the car " Rolls to a stop" .. but when a car impacts a K-rail or some type of wall .. whats left ? .. sad day .. a true sad day.

very sad day in NHRA drag racing and the racing cumminity, god speed Scott prayers for your family/friends and fans
please.gif

I watched the finals last night. An awesome tribute from all the drivers to Scott. Shows how close the NHRA community really is.

Very sad indeed; I've never seen such a short track! No room to slow down...
sad.gif

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
clrwtrbusa @ Jun. 23 2008 said:
1456583[/ATTACH] AM]
I watched the finals last night. An awesome tribute from all the drivers to Scott. Shows how close the NHRA community really is.
I watched it too.  All the Kalitta cars were pulled and the competition ran bi-runs.  When it came down to Hight's car against Scott's, Hight staged as usual and then when the light changed, he idled all the way down with a standing ovation from the crowd and everyone in attendance.  

EVERY death that can be avoided...SHOULD be!  Politics and money is usually the culprit.  If any 3-4 of us get hit at an uncontrolled intersection it takes months for a stop sign to be erected (if ever) but if the Mayor's daughter gets hit at that same intersection, a stop sign goes up the very next day.
thumb_down.gif

zzwhip.gif

Back