RIP fellow riders....

(COLDSTONE1298 @ Aug. 11 2007,22:56) Prayers to the fallen riders and their families.

Treat all cagers like they're out to get you.
EXACTLY!!!
Maybe not much could be done when somebody crosses over the lane at you, but ALWAYS watch them like a hawk at intersections. The MSF course teaches to slow and give room. Those truly are words to "live by".

RIP to those involved.

(dantheta2man @ Aug. 11 2007,19:43)
(kaosccw @ Aug. 11 2007,19:27) Define 'gear'.
biggrin.gif
helmet,jacket,gloves, pants!!!!!! (those are for the squids wearing shorts)
bowdown.gif
I saw a squid yeasterday on a 600 katana wearing a tank top shorts and flip flops, and that was it!
pissed.gif
What an idiot I thought. Seeing that realy get to me.......
rant.gif

Took the Family to town yesterday and was driving on the freeway. Some gal was in the fast lane with kids in car seats in the back and I look up and see her whip out her flip phone and stare at it trying to figure out what to do as she completely crosses the centerline into my lane by about 6 feet before she realized what she was doing and almost wrecked correcting the malady. I was so pissed off A) because of her stupidity and B) because I couldn't even find the horn button on wifeys rig in time to give her a wake up. Cell phones +Cars+ imbeciles =DISASTER!

My condolences to the riders families!

RIP and prayers for all the survivors.

We need tougher licensing requirements all over the US, IMHO.  Outlawing cell phones while driving would be a good idea too.

That was a good point about the MSF class - slow and give room is probably the best thing you can do in a situation like that. Also good to start looking for a softer target than the head-on...

Back