RIP fellow riders....

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Oh my what a waste, guys please wear your gear and keep your eyes open... You never know where they are going to come from.....

Car rams pack of motorcycles, killing 3

Crash kills 3
08/11/2007

Shannon Lowe, 39, of Duncan was driving west on state Highway 7 just west of Ratliff City about 3:45 p.m. Friday when her 1995 Nissan Altima crossed into oncoming traffic and hit the four motorcycles, the OHP reported.

Pronounced dead at the scene were: Betty Day, 57, of Terral; Roger Gunter, 59, of Ryan; and Linda Gunter, 57, of Ryan, who was a passenger on Roger Gunter’s motorcycle.

Another motorcyclist, Frank Day, 64, of Terral, was admitted in critical condition to an Oklahoma City hospital. Lowe also was transported in critical condition.

A fourth motorcyclist and his passenger weren’t injured in the crash, and a fifth motorcyclist was hit with flying debris but wasn’t injured.

Both Roger and Linda Gunter were wearing helmets, the patrol said.

Cap! Where do you buy gear that will help in that setting.
SHOCKED.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Aug. 11 2007,21:03) Cap! Where do you buy gear that will help in that setting.  
SHOCKED.gif
Ya know Im not sure of the situation but I guarantee that if I had to make a choice of going head on or eating the ditch I know what I would take. If I was able to escape the head on I would have a chance if I had gear on...

Now here is my disclaimer, I have no specifics on this crash so I am in no way condemming the actions of the riders, for all we know they never even saw the truck come over.. My point is that to have the best chance to survive you will be fully geared.

CAp

Oh man! Prayers to the families. All in their 50's (except the 64 yo who survived). I always tell people, I'm not worried about crashing on my bike, I'm worried about the other drivers on the road!

I don't wish bad on others, but I hope they throw the book at the driver of the car. I'm sure it's bad for them, but it's much worse for the bikers...

super.gif
U are rite on that one Cap. If we get a ride on here tomorrow I wonder how many will wear gear. I have a perf Joe which is as good as a Org hoody 4 protection
rock.gif
I can just! stand to have it on these days.

WOW that really sucks
smile.gif
you never know when a car is going to cross the line.

Sad. Prayers to all involved.

Hopefully she was not dialing her cell phone.....so she killed 3 people.

(whitele @ Aug. 11 2007,19:22) I always tell people, I'm not worried about crashing on my bike, I'm worried about the other drivers on the road!
+1
beerchug.gif

Back