Riding in 12 degrees ?

Coldest I have rode in was 34 degrees. Sucked to because my glasses kept fogging up so I had to keep the sheild flipped up. Was 70 when I headed out, but dropped that much for the ride home.

Coldest I have rode in was 34 degrees. Sucked to because my glasses kept fogging up so I had to keep the sheild flipped up. Was 70 when I headed out, but dropped that much for the ride home.

cycle gear as a little bottle of anti-fog stuff. works well

thats awesome. i take pride in riding when others dont. i remember ridiing home in a storm once and i saw several bikes pulled over under the overpass. i just rode right by them

cycle gear as a little bottle of anti-fog stuff. works well

I use the antifog from "scott". pretty sure I got it at cycle gear as well.
As for cold weather riding, I'll ride down to around 30....still enjoy riding at around 45ish. But 14 is definately a no-go!

Tour Master Synergy! Warm and toasty no matter what the temp it outside. :thumbsup:

wish I could afford those. I use my army thermals and they keep me toasty to around 40 but start to feel the cold a little below that. One day I'll have some heated gear....oh yes....someday.???

As did I enjoy being there,

Once I could feel my feet and hands again that is.

we were glad you came and joined us!

btw, it wasn't me this time, Lucy is still torn to pieces to get some work done :beerchug: i am ready to get back in the saddle though!!! it would be nice to have heated gear, maybe one of these days i'll break down and buy some

IMG_1729 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
I rode when it was 19 out before, even had 2 guys out with me. One of em, with a zx10 was in the middle of changing to race bodywork so he didnt have a headlight. We found one of those "shake to charge" flashlights, duct-tapped it under the nose and away we went:thumbsup:

we were glad you came and joined us!

btw, it wasn't me this time, Lucy is still torn to pieces to get some work done :beerchug: i am ready to get back in the saddle though!!! it would be nice to have heated gear, maybe one of these days i'll break down and buy some
Was just getting ready to tell it wasn't you, unless you work way faster than you say....:rofl:
If it's below 50 I'm not riding. Heated leather is far more comfortable...

IT was 28 degrees when i left for work this morning in mckinney tx, cold weather does not stop me.
last year its was like 15 degrees and i still rode to work with just jeans, jacket, fire hood, helmet and gloves.

Holy crap,Ive called off work for the last 2 days because its too cold for good productivity,and we'er just framing a house at about .2 mph. My fingers quit feeling/moving at around 20*-riding,no thanks:bowdown::bowdown:

Back