Another example of Liberal tolerance ?

DREW

Donating Member
Registered
A town hall meeting in south St Louis turned violent when S.E.I.U. Union members , beat a Black conservative protester at Congressman Russ Carnahans meeting last night. A number of union members wering purple S.E.I.U t-shirts were instigating violence and many in attendance said " they saw it coming ". Of course this will not make the main stream media news. But it is on Drudge. I hope some of you Libs will wise up to what is happening to our country. This is eerily similar to Brown shirt tactics of The Hitler era.

Im not up to date on the problems their having so what actually started this? And why would they have seen it coming?

violence on others who are excersising thier freedom of speech earns you the right to no longer have that right

Im not up to date on the problems their having so what actually started this? And why would they have seen it coming?

The instigators were the "bussed In" union rabble rousers who cant stand that there might be a dissenting view point. They were there to intimidate & hush dissent from conservative voters. Look on Drudge report for videos of this , page 1.

What I DON'T want to see are my fellow conservatives make fools of themselves. Do not lower yourself to their level. Funny how it was acceptable for Code Pink to 'make a statement' but conservatives can't?

Just to clarify my position. The intent of this post was to show what lengths our elected officials will go too. When they wont listen and wont let in over 1000 peaceful dissenting citizens to a PUBLIC hearing, There is something very wrong. When the "media" wont report accurately the news and put their own liberal slant on events, they are not worthy to be called American.

You know it's stupid for me to say anything about this, I don't even like this random section. Drudge is known for a biased position. There have been dozens of "town hall meetings" this week in which conservatives shouted down middle of the road people that just wanted to have a dialog on health care so don't act like the event you describe is such a travisty.
Also, don't throw out the "you liberals" crap....I am a former Marine, retired inner city cop and have buried friends from combat situations....I've paid my dues for my Country....I just happen to haver a different viewpoint than you so stay away from the villianization.
When you intelligently discuss national healthcare, it's obvious that pharma and insurance companies are raping us. I was on a jury where it came out that, behind closed doors, the HMO executives said, "let's just delay approving bone marrow transplant for her for 3 more weeks, then it'll be too late anyways". This was for a lady that could have lived....but that would have affected their profit...SO THEY LET HER DIE. This isn't unusual, it's what happens when companies profit from NOT giving needed care.
How someone can stick up for corporations while the middle class dissappears is beyond me. Wealth is leaving our great middle class and concentrating at the top 2% of the population, that's not my opinion, it's demographic fact.
Instead of making each other wrong, I think we need to learn how to find some middle ground....because I dissagree with you doesn't make me inferior or stupid, I might have something to offer the dialog.
Raydog

You know it's stupid for me to say anything about this, I don't even like this random section. Drudge is known for a biased position. There have been dozens of "town hall meetings" this week in which conservatives shouted down middle of the road people that just wanted to have a dialog on health care so don't act like the event you describe is such a travisty.
Also, don't throw out the "you liberals" crap....I am a former Marine, retired inner city cop and have buried friends from combat situations....I've paid my dues for my Country....I just happen to haver a different viewpoint than you so stay away from the villianization.
When you intelligently discuss national healthcare, it's obvious that pharma and insurance companies are raping us. I was on a jury where it came out that, behind closed doors, the HMO executives said, "let's just delay approving bone marrow transplant for her for 3 more weeks, then it'll be too late anyways". This was for a lady that could have lived....but that would have affected their profit...SO THEY LET HER DIE. This isn't unusual, it's what happens when companies profit from NOT giving needed care.
How someone can stick up for corporations while the middle class dissappears is beyond me. Wealth is leaving our great middle class and concentrating at the top 2% of the population, that's not my opinion, it's demographic fact.
Instead of making each other wrong, I think we need to learn how to find some middle ground....because I dissagree with you doesn't make me inferior or stupid, I might have something to offer the dialog.
Raydog

Look Look Look ---- Raydog is stirring the pot .

No really he is just posting this to get a rise out of people....

Raydog

Ray dog, I was at this meeting for the 1st half hour. It was clear from the beginning that these union guys were going to be a problem. I left before the violence started. Russ Carnahan had invited many democrats to this meeting with reserved seats including these union bullys. The average age of the attendees was probably over 60. I dont care what side of the political spectrum some one is, but when bullys are brought in to intimidate people excercising their rights to free speach, do you not agree that there can be no civil discussion. These tactics were ordered or suggested by the white house in a memo sent out to returning seators and congessman. Do you not see a problem with this ? Thanks for your sevice to our country.

i am sorry to hear this. it seems that a guy got beat up standing up 4 what he believed in and tryin to participate in his local gov't. what i don't understand is the pleasure people seem to get branding him and his attackers with useless labels. what difference does it make?

i agree with raydog this thread should be in the 'political forums'

Dino, I'm not stirring any pot, it's just really painful for me to ALWAYS be portrayed as a subhuman species because "I'm a liberal". I have developed points of view through my life that are just as valuable as conservative positions.
And Drew, to act like this singular event with union members "disrupting a meeting of good citizens" ignores the DOZENS OF MEETINGS that preceded this one all over the country where out of towners were brought in AT NO COST TO THEM with explicit instructions to disrupt intelligent discussion. **** Army's group is directly connected to the upper echelons of pharmacutical and insurance companies that fear any competition in the marketplace by a "public option".
Middle class wages/buying power are down 2% over the last 8 years while medical costs/insurance premiums are up over 40% over the same period.
It's about profit and NOT maintaining health in our population.
We will probably never agree but I just ask that the deep issues define the discussion, not the "look what the evil liberals are doing now" approach. We are all Patriots under the same Flag. Doyle

You're not a patriot if you come in gangs and beat down a citizen, that's defined as criminal activity.

Back