rider killed. and its only march

jch364

Registered
Earlier today while I was at work a rider went down and was killed on impact. I didnt get to go to the scene and look for myself because I was working a double homicide in west dayton but a fellow officer busa rider called me and told me about it. Apparently the rider was on a new buell and was darting in and out of traffic when the accident happened. I get the impression that he clipped a vehicle and lost control. From what the fellow officer described to me it appears that the rider slammed into a low concrete divider head first. He was wearing gear but under the circumstances it would not have mattered. The impact was so severe it split his skull completely open inside the helmet. The helmet was of course destroyed in the impact. I believe it was an icon of some sort. Not that it would have mattered what he was wearing of course.

Please everyone, be carefull and drive with some restraint. Its easy to get a little crazy especially at the beginning of the riding season but think about it a little. It is a sobering reminder of how things can happen.
Prayers of course to this guys family and friends left behind.

BE SAFE EVERYONE!:please:

yes, but will the news and police report that he was killed from massive head trauma even though he was wearing a helmet? I doubt it.

VERY sad situation. Also a lesson to us all that even with gear on, you arent bulletproof.

I would imagine that the accident report would indicate that he was wearing a helmet. As for the news, well who knows. I have seen reports done on the news in the past on motorcycle fatals were they do state if the rider was wearing one or not but you never know I guess.

:please: to his family................. i was heading up to see my Grandma tonight and ALL the traffic is cruising at 80, when we come up on the weigh station, so i adjust my speed to the car next me (300c) , well lil miss (G-BARBIE its what here tag said) decides to romp it cut me off then slam her brakes, im still trying to figure it out why she did it, but i figured it was safer to pass her and get out of dodge!!!!!!!!!!

biker killed in C-bus today also. Supposedly decapitated him. Be careful out there. The cagers have forgotten about bikes over the winter.

Rest in Peace.

Everyone be extra careful.

Not only for cages, but wildlife. Heard a guy hit a turkey the other day. Luckily it only broke his collar bone. Said the impact is like getting hit with a bowling ball at 45mph.

Prayers to all those effected by this.

The gear that protects you the most is that gray matter located between the ears. Use it wisely, it won't eliminate all the risk but safe, defensive riding makes a huge difference. Crashes such as this can easily be prevented.

Another thing to stop and think about is family. One of our dispatchers at my office has a husband that was involved in a near fatal car crash back in October, I won't call it an accident because it could have easily been prevented. He is still in a coma. The consequences of a couple bad decisions has cost him and because he's in a coma it has cost his wife as well. They owned a thriving heating and cooling business here in town. Were set nicely for retirement, nice home on the lake, anything and everything one could want. Because of the crash she is being forced to liquidate and sell the business as well as much of their assets and retirement because they have maxed out their insurance policy. The only choice left to pay for the continuing care is public aid and of course to qualify you are only allowed to keep so much.

The gear that protects you the most is that gray matter located between the ears. Use it wisely, it won't eliminate all the risk but safe, defensive riding makes a huge difference. Crashes such as this can easily be prevented.

I agree.

While riding the hotel van from the airport to the hotel in STL last night, a group of seven or eight sportbikes zipped past, then began putting on a show of idiocy by doing wheelies, stand-up wheelies, etc. down the interstate at 60-80 m.p.h. at night. A number of drivers began slamming on their brakes and driving more erratically than normal as they struggled with how to react to the show.

prayers to the family of the fallen rider every time I hear of these things it brings sadness to my eyes and a heaviness to my heart....god speed fallen rider
:beerchug:

thats sad, I was lucky with my accident two weeks ago. So like others already said becareful out there. Its always a good idea to go home and not the hospital or the morgue.

Yes, there was a fatality here the other day bike slammed into the side of a van. Prayers to the family.

Back