Review: icon super duty 2 boot

BigDiesel

Registered
just picked up a new pair of ICON Super Duty2 boots yesterday, and already put 60+ mi. on the bike wearing these bad boys-I was worried about fit, but their 14 was just right; normally I wear a 15 in most shoes, so if you order ICON boots, go a size lower than what you would wear otherwise.

The toes' grip strips work well; I used to wear Puma Speed Cats, and my toes on my left foot were always sore after riding from kickn up gears in an athletic shoe-the boot's hard toe shell kept my toes from ever feeling numb or sore.

I rode straight for 30 min, and ankles were not cramped or chafing from high cut of boot-offers coverage for whole ankle and feels sturdy, yet comfortable. The mid-foot strap does a good job of keeping the boot anchored to your foot-no wiggling around or looseness is noticeable once you clamp it down...I unclamped when I got off bike and wore while walking through a mall for 20 min, and they are fairly light and offer good cushioning. Only gripe is the new leather squeaking while walking...they're kinda noisy, but so are my Reebok InstaPumps whenever they get wet, so for the comfort and protection they offer I will overlook some squeaks, and hope that will go away once I break them in.

Just thought I'd share with everyone. If you're in the market, these things are worth the money.

<!--EDIT|BigDiesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148609711 -->

boot.jpg

just picked up a new pair of ICON Super Duty2 boots yesterday, and already put 60+ mi. on the bike wearing these bad boys-I was worried about fit, but their 14 was just right; normally I wear a 15 in most shoes, so if you order ICON boots, go a size lower than what you would wear otherwise.

The toes' grip strips work well; I used to wear Puma Speed Cats, and my toes on my left foot were always sore after riding from kickn up gears in an athletic shoe-the boot's hard toe shell kept my toes from ever feeling numb or sore.

I rode straight for 30 min, and ankles were not cramped or chafing from high cut of boot-offers coverage for whole ankle and feels sturdy, yet comfortable. The mid-foot strap does a good job of keeping the boot anchored to your foot-no wiggling around or looseness is noticeable once you clamp it down...I unclamped when I got off bike and wore while walking through a mall for 20 min, and they are fairly light and offer good cushioning. Only gripe is the new leather squeaking while walking...they're kinda noisy, but so are my Reebok InstaPumps whenever they get wet, so for the comfort and protection they offer I will overlook some squeaks, and hope that will go away once I break them in.

Just thought I'd share with everyone. If you're in the market, these things are worth the money.
I have a pair of those right now.....their not bad.

get a taller boot ...trust me. i almost lost my leg from the ankle down after i got a crazy infection in it after my wreck...just my 2.
\

oh and i was wearing the icon super duties too

would go with the taller ICON Field Armor boot but I ride a lil too "spirited" and need something smaller to work with rearsets...a size 14 in the taller boots would be too big to use with stock pegs, and I don't see much track time, probly wont until next year; so a race boot is not worth the $$ to me right now.

Plus I can wear these to work in the bar at night-if i'm wearin sum crazy-colored Sidis or Teknics with my blue jeans, it just don't make guys think "gee I dont wana get kicked by those" they'd be thinkn "those are sum crazy f@*king lookin boots". These have an appearance like they want to hurt somebody! Intimidation helps loads when doing my job at night...
muscle.gif

i found them to fit small, not big normally i wear a 10.5 or 11 and needed to get an 11.5. But have been pretty happy with them overall.

Myself and BulletTrain wrote a review of the first Super Duty boot about 2 years ago and convinced a few people to purchase. They are awesome and worth every penny. Very comfortable. I run those for everyday riding and my Sidi's at the track.

You will be more than happy with the Icon Super duty. I find myself wearing them even when i'm not riding the busa. I walk alot at work and They are very comfortable and nice looking.

Hey Bigdiesel,

Just got a pair myself about 2 months ago. Size 14 (like you) fits great. I found them to be very stiff at first and almost uncomfortable. But, after about 2 months and 3,000 miles of riding, they feel great. i just use them for street riding & touring. Anything more agressive gets a higher boot.

I bought the superdutys a year and a half ago. I liked them at the time. Great tour riding/casual riding boot. I've been using my track Joe Rocket GPX boots for everything now. My Main gripe about the ICON is that it feels too bulky for my tastes. I like to feel the foot controls. B/C of those boots I've adopted a bad habit when I shift. I move my left foot "too far forward" to try and shift when all that movement isn't necessary. Only need to shift with my toes. These ICONS had no toe feel and are bulky hence the excessive forward movement of my foot.

The JR GPX is all I wear now: street and track. So comfy, soft, ankle/calf protection and great foot control feel. I got rid of my bad habit and shift much more quicker/efficiently as well as have better brake pedal feel too.

It all comes down to taste. I use the Icons mainly for wearing around town in jeans or khaki pants and they look really good. I think they're better boots for the stunt crowd too.

I'm wearing them right now! Ther're great. Had em' for a year, and wear them around the office as well, and they have held up. So, I usually have em on about 10 ours a day, and they aren't bad.

I'm thinking of going with the taller ones with my next purchase.

Back