Returned from Hurricane Katrina

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Just returned from spending a few days in Mississippi providing relief for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The primary objective was to extract a few friends and family members who had either lost thier home, or thier home had recieved significant damage.

The secondary objective was to provide relief and assistance to those in need.

Two of us rode up with supplies:
* 200(+) gallons of diesel
* 50(+) gallons of gas
* 100(+) gallons of water
* 3 Generators
* Chain Saws
* Food
* Medical Supplies
* etc.

We returned with no supplies, but instead we brought back two women and three children.
One of the husbands (my cousin) is a line-man for the power company and will be consumed in work for some time... his home was damaged from the storm, but he has yet to be able to attend to it.
The other young lady has a two year old baby... the father is serving in Iraq and recently was awarded a "Bronz Star" and a "Purple Heart". Her home was destroyed.

They will be living with us for a while.

We spent Labor Day weekend up there... felt inclined to stay longer...
So much distruction... So much to be done.

I anticipate going back in a few days, but need to ensure the home-front is taken care of first.

WOW! That is great that you could do that!!!! I'm sure they are soooooo thankful for a safe haven!!!!

Great job Stringer, here's to you
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Good Job! Good to know there are Good people out their willing to help Others!!
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Semper Fi!
Sent my trailer with some neigborhood folks to Biloxi last weekend, will be going down with htem next weekend. Thanks for all that you odid and are doing!

Awesome gesture!

If I can help them in anything, please let me know. I love kids! I am not too far away from you and can swing by on a weekend. Glad to have the chance of meeting special people like you! Keep up the great work!

wink.gif

Back