remove the baffle from a yosh pipe?

BusaBabe30

Registered
anybody remove the baffle on the yoshimura rs 3 exhaust before...if so can you let me know how to do it..little confused...thanx...

On the R 77 there is a rubber plug on the inside ( bike side ) of the muffler you have to take out to get to the allen bolt that holds it in. You have to stick a broom stick in from the mid pipe end and knock it out. Hope this helped.

hey thanks ..yeah hopefully i can figure it out..will i need a new pc3 map or new air filter..i heard on another website you do..i just tuned my bike and put in a new k and n air filter

The RS3 I had on my 06 had 2 small allen head screws holding it in. Removed those then wiggled it right out. Wiggled is a technical mechanic term:laugh:

If you just had it tuned for that pipe you should not have to have it retuned just for taking out the baffle.

ok cool ..this is what my can looks like..so where would i take it out from...just want to be sure

2007_Yoshimura_RS1-RS3_Zyclone_Slip-On_Exaust.jpg

what about the rivets along the end cap around its circumference..do i remove those as well?

No need to just to remove baffle. All the "baffle" does is reduce noise by up to 10 decibels. It is a insert into the outlet on the can. If you bought the system used it may already be gone.

well i bought the system used..i didnt put the low volume insert in..it is just not loud enough though..is there something in there i can remove..is it the low volume insert u are refering to?

yes that is what I was referring to. RS3s are not loud. Even the ones that have been cut down to shorties. The shorties are louder than full size but still not loud.

yeah the pipe dont have that in...is there any fiber glass baffles that i can take out in there to give me more noise?

Sorry but your best bet would be a different brand if you want loud. Such as Micron, Brocks and a few others. Just my opinion is if you start disassembling the can to remove packing or such your just gonna end up buying another can anyway.

ok thanks bret..i was just wondering..i got a good deal on the pipe just bought it actually..cant really afford a brocks or such..and i just would like it a bit louder..these other bikes pipes are soo loud and i just wanted to really hear the beast roar

DON"T DO IT !! I bought my pipe a full Hindle, and the guy took it apart when he had it to make it louder, and it sounded GOOD when I got it. It's been about a year & a 1/2, now it sounds like there's loose change in there at low rpm. Still sounds good above 4 k, but it's not worth it....just my 2 cents

Inside the exhaust outlet

In mine there actually wasnt a screw there. You had to take off all the rivets to get the baffle and packing out. Not too hard of a job. Pretty sure on all RS-3 you have to take the rivets out. Havent seen one with screws there yet. There are holes and seems to be screws or something in there but there are not. I think that is for like silencer or whatever its called

DON"T DO IT !! I bought my pipe a full Hindle, and the guy took it apart when he had it to make it louder, and it sounded GOOD when I got it. It's been about a year & a 1/2, now it sounds like there's loose change in there at low rpm. Still sounds good above 4 k, but it's not worth it....just my 2 cents

Take the mufflers off and clean it out and itl sounds just like when you first got it? Hose and some soap maybe... Just a thought :whistle:

I had a pair of RS3's on my TL1000R. I removed the rivets from both ends of the muffler, I think 10 per muffler. Then I gentlly tapped out the tip with a rubber mallet. After taking the tip off I then tapped the baffle and the flange side out of the sleeve using a piece of
2x4. Then I removed some of the insulation wraped around the metal perforated baffle and put all back together. You can buy the new rivets from Home Depot or Lowe's. When it was all done the muffler got louder and deeper.

Back