Remarks for BMW 1000

micbusathens

Registered
Today..and after a ride of 200 almost miles we had the opportunity to test the new BMW vs Honda cbr 1000 rr 08.We never had the chance for direct comparison between them because of the traffic.The Honda(Akra and a tooth less at the front) owner claimed that there was no significant difference concerning power.BMW owner said more or less the same.Both agreed that BMW's brakes were better.Also that BMW engine was too noisy by comparison.Consumption was about the same.All of us found Honda more pleasant for fast highway rides(excluding Busa).Those remarks were for highway and not for track.Maybe they'll were different there.Concerning Busa...it was impossible to follow them at 2nd gear accelerations...as for them at(Busa's) 4th or 5th.Busa had the best consumption overall

DSC04130.jpg

DSC04131.jpg

DSC04132.jpg

DSC04134.jpg

DSC04136.jpg

DSC04137.jpg

DSC04138.jpg

DSC04141.jpg

DSC04175.jpg

Nice pics , ride safe and stay safe over there in Greece .
I'll be in Cyprus end of month .

Thanks...PM me in case you'll visit Greece....Athens preferably:beerchug:

Adam (4 yr old son) and I will be in Larnaca on the 29th. We are planning on going to Istanbul for a few days back to Larnaca and then maybe to Cairo for a few to see Valley of Kings and Pyramids. Not sure as we are travelling to see my pop whos recouping from bypass surgery .
Were thinkin about a cruise into your neck of the woods but with the way things are we are not sure about Greece just yet.

Good thing you got fast bikes...can outrun the rioters....:laugh:

could you explain ?

thanks a lot for pictures :thumbsup:
We were all with 2nd gear just rolling.We all gave full(not you)throttle from 2500 rpms..Honda first and Bmw second(shorter 2nd gear even from Busa"s)left me back watching them leaving.When I got to 4th ,our difference(round 25 meters) stabilized and gradually decreasing.Round my middle 5th ,I passed them both (Honda first and two lengths ahead BMW)I can't be more specific.These remarks maybe do not meet the real abilities of the bikes.I just described what happened:beerchug:

ok, thanks for this report :beerchug:

I hope that the Greece crisis will calm down ..... :unhappy:

Not really a fair comparison w/ the Hoonda being a tooth down up front and a full Akra exhaust system (have to assume it has an aftermarket engine management system of some type as well)
Other then that....looks like a fun day of bike comparo's and nice share of pics.

I'll take the Beemer though.....thanks.

Not really a fair comparison w/ the Hoonda being a tooth down up front and a full Akra exhaust system (have to assume it has an aftermarket engine management system of some type as well)
Other then that....looks like a fun day of bike comparo's and nice share of pics.

I'll take the Beemer though.....thanks.
Nothing else....All of us were wearing akras.....Beemer too..OEM

Sounds about right. What do the riders weight? Are they all full exhaust systems or slip ons...?

Today..and after a ride of 200 almost miles we had the opportunity to test the new BMW vs Honda cbr 1000 rr 08.We never had the chance for direct comparison between them because of the traffic.The Honda(Akra and a tooth less at the front) owner claimed that there was no significant difference concerning power.BMW owner said more or less the same.Both agreed that BMW's brakes were better.Also that BMW engine was too noisy by comparison.Consumption was about the same.All of us found Honda more pleasant for fast highway rides(excluding Busa).Those remarks were for highway and not for track.Maybe they'll were different there.Concerning Busa...it was impossible to follow them at 2nd gear accelerations...as for them at(Busa's) 4th or 5th.Busa had the best consumption overall

i think a +2 rear sprocket would've helped in your roll-on fun.
then again it would shortened your 1st gear top speed (I'm assuming 1st is good for near 82 mph, like the gen 1's?)
but yep, the 1k's are bad mofo's nowdays (having 2 gen 1's, and now on a zx10)

Back