Rekluse Clutch interest

walkawalk33

Registered
Hi Group,

I was looking into some clutch development and wanted to gauge some interest from you guys. Rekluse just launched a new APEX system for the cruiser market (Harleys) and saw some parallels between they Hayabusa. The Apex system is a manual system that gets rid of the slipper clutch, increases the torque capacity, and changes the drive plate interface to a pin style which protects the core components and makes the clutch last longer.

We haven't put the energy into the Hayabusa yet, but I wanted to see if you guys thought there would be any value and interest in a system like this.

for a little more information on the APEX that we made for the Harley's here is a link:

APEX: The Ultimate Harley Clutch Every Big Twin Should Have | Rekluse | Performance Clutch Technology

Thanks everyone!

Hi Group,

I was looking into some clutch development and wanted to gauge some interest from you guys. Rekluse just launched a new APEX system for the cruiser market (Harleys) and saw some parallels between they Hayabusa. The Apex system is a manual system that gets rid of the slipper clutch, increases the torque capacity, and changes the drive plate interface to a pin style which protects the core components and makes the clutch last longer.

We haven't put the energy into the Hayabusa yet, but I wanted to see if you guys thought there would be any value and interest in a system like this.

for a little more information on the APEX that we made for the Harley's here is a link:

APEX: The Ultimate Harley Clutch Every Big Twin Should Have | Rekluse | Performance Clutch Technology

Thanks everyone!
Looks interesting. How does the drive train react to a rear wheel lockup during downshifting?

I saw an automatic system like this on several dirt bikes when I was racing off-road. As I recall, the benefit there was in the tight stuff with less of a chance for stalling. Not familiar with the manual system.

Looks interesting. How does the drive train react to a rear wheel lockup during downshifting?
It would react similar to the other known clutch mods for the gen1/ gen 2 engines with either welded or solid hubs. So drive train would tighten up but could certainly lock up the back wheel and get wheel hop on a real hard downshift. With the clutch pack it would have a better amd lighter lever feel and have more bottom end torque.

This bike lends itself well to the auto clutch as well so that would be an option as well.

I've been looking at that kit for my Harley for when I put the 124 in. At 1600$$ its not cost efficient enough to warrant, plus I would need to dump another 6-800 for a upgraded compensator ramp. With the HP/TQ the Busa is putting out I could see something like this being a great option.

Back