clutch fluid, oops!

shogun

Registered
hey guys i was took off my front sprocket today and without putting the sprocet cover back i pressed in the clutch and the fluid poured onto the floor. do I have to bleed the system or just add some dot 4 in there? If i have to bleed can someone explain or send me a good link on how to do that, ive never done it before. thanks guys!:beerchug:

going to take a bleed job... careful going back together so as not to damage the seal.. you cant just hang the cover back on, you need to push the piston back in the bore..

I screwed up on two front sprocket changes by reaching up and grabbing the clutch. On my '06 I never had fluid, and I carefully put the housing back on. Never had an issue, I guess it was dumb luck.

yea the piston did pop out a little all i did was put it back in where it sits, right? i'll take it completely out and take a look at it and make sure its in there correctly before i bolt the sprocket housing back on. yea i thought so pinky but truthfully ive never really understood how bleeding brakes works since ive never done it before. any info on the board here?

if the piston came out...you got air int he system. have fun bleeding it. Clutches are fun. see if someone will let you borrow a mity vac.

aww damn. what is a mity vac? can i do it without one? thanks, *uck. I would realllllllllllly appreciate if someone could tell me step by step on how to bleed the clutch please guys i know ur awesome at this forum. :thumbsup::beerchug:

aww damn. what is a mity vac? can i do it without one? thanks, *uck. I would realllllllllllly appreciate if someone could tell me step by step on how to bleed the clutch please guys i know ur awesome at this forum. :thumbsup::beerchug:

yeah you can

do a search at sears for mity vac...and it has good pics...or harbor freight

basically use them clear tubing and a catch can....just like bleeding brakes.

keep fluid filled, pump them up and hold, then release the bleeder. repeat until no air bubbles are come out.

where is the bleeder for the clutch. if i am catching this right....pump pump pump the clutch lever and hold it in as i release the bleeder as the fluid drains, then as the clutch lever is pressed in i close the bleeder and repeat till no air bubbles come in......maybe?

where is the bleeder for the clutch. if i am catching this right....pump pump pump the clutch lever and hold it in as i release the bleeder as the fluid drains, then as the clutch lever is pressed in i close the bleeder and repeat till no air bubbles come in......maybe?

bleeder is on the outside of the sprocket cover on the clutch slave cylinder(the opposite side of the thing the piston came out of)

as you pull the clutch lever...you are pushing fluid to the bleeder...when you let go of it...you vac fluid back towards the lever...so if the bleeder is open you better have the lever pulled or you will be sucking air in.

wait forgot something, whats all the stuff peple say about pump pump pump pump the lever until you feel resistance? what does this have to do with bleeding?

wait forgot something, whats all the stuff peple say about pump pump pump pump the lever until you feel resistance? what does this have to do with bleeding?

odds are you will feel very to no resistance unless you have tons of air in the line.

less resistance= more air...more resistance=more fluid.

i see. thanks suzuki appreciate ur help man. so even if i dont feel resistance i should still go ahead with the proper bleeding procedures? cuz i know i didnt feel any resistance after my piston came out of its socket so air must be in there. and the only way to get it out is to bleed like we talked about above correct?:beerchug:

Back