Reflectors.

Discussion in 'Busa Mods' started by gaby, May 11, 2005.

1. gaby

gaby Registered

Is legal to take the reflectors out?
    Is safe to?
    Do they really work?

2. busahaya

busahaya SoCal Busa Donating Member

I still have my reflectors, don't know why but if it's theoretically going to help me be more visible, why bother taking them off. [​IMG]

3. Pipefighter248

Pipefighter248 Donating Member Registered

[​IMG]
    Took mine off right after getting the bike, have not had any problems with the law.

4. DAB

DAB Registered

I'm putting extra ones on my bike 'cause I know how much they irritate most of the board members... [​IMG]

5. Pipefighter248

Pipefighter248 Donating Member Registered

[​IMG]

6. werdkat

werdkat Registered

noooo!! reflectors == bad. In GA its against the law to leave them and the stickers on.

7. Mr Brown

Mr Brown Registered

Even if it were illegal (it's not) since when do we obey the law? If you are worried about being legal, go buy a bike that can't go more than the posted speed limit in your town!!!!
    Now, go get them ugly things off your bike.

8. MET

MET The Watcher Moderator

dEPENDS WHRE YOU ARE. iF THEY DO NOPT BOTH YOU LEAVE THEM ON. tHE LITTLE EXTRA INSURANCE NEVER HURTS.

9. Mr Brown

Mr Brown Registered

Do you even read your posts before you submit them N.E.?

10. BigBSBusa

BigBSBusa Comin' back stronger than ever! Donating Member

Came off after being abused on my first post here. Haven't had any trouble since. Think it does depend on where you are though.

11. FAKK2

FAKK2 Registered

Sounds like someone needing a harley.

12. Mr Brown

Mr Brown Registered

Who, me?

13. manatrader

manatrader Donating Member

Legal yes at least in Washington, safe well do you ride much at night? They do increase your visibility at night, during the day they do nothing.

14. busahaya

busahaya SoCal Busa Donating Member

I still like my stock reflectors [​IMG]

15. chowan24

chowan24 Registered

I have stock reflectors and stickers. OHHHH>>>>

16. hayabusa_83

hayabusa_83 Registered

took mine off the next day.... the are huge and stupid looking..... people dont look out for them anyway, an old fossil pulled out in front of me, in broad daylight.. and i had my brights on!!! [​IMG]

17. gaby

gaby Registered

Im still thinking about it, but I already took the t&^*0 stikers out. I believe that douring the night the most powerfull thing are the llights(brake, parking).:blush:

18. jmaz268

jmaz268 Killin' is my business, a Donating Member

easy Jeremy, he didn't mean it [​IMG]

I think he meant the guy riding the speed limit. Even a harley can go faster than the speed limit but you go turn around and pick the parts that fell off every couple of miles.

I guess even most sprees will do the speed limits now, maybe not on the interstate.

Like he said though if you are worrying about breaking the law, you can give your busa to me. Because you break the law everytime you get on it because it is just wrong in so many ways but it feels so good though [​IMG]

19. Postal

Postal Donating Member

In VA it is a $500.00 fine to leave them on!

[​IMG]

20. dm_gsxr

dm_gsxr Weirdo Freak Donating Member

I don't have a problem with mine being on.

[​IMG]

That's my Joe Rocket tank bag, Aerostich suit, Tourmaster Saddlebags, and Oxford Sport Tailbag. Add in the Fog City sticker (that little light at the top of my head [​IMG] ) and the front reflector and I'm visible from the side.

Of course it won't stop some drunk from running the light [​IMG]

Carl