Red/Black '05, Finally!

Gave my dealer a $1000 deposit in September for his first Busa delivery which was supposed to be a red/black arriving in October.  In November he received a blue/silver instead.  Two weeks later he received another blue/silver and gave my deposit back.  Got on the phone and found the one in the attached at another dealer.

I had never ridden a Busa before picking mine up.  After the first ride I knew it was appropriate to store it for the winter in an airplane hangar, all this bike needs are wings.  Pretty bad though when your bike will outrun your airplane!

Mods to follow...

<!--EDIT|too_many_hobbies
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102458516 -->

Maule_Busa_640x480.JPG

Congrats on your new ride.    That black and red looks sweet!

<!--EDIT|billbell
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102458651 -->

very nice ride. (plane aint to shabby neither)is putting it on that center stand a easy task?

Congrats MAN!!! Hanger is a good location, though I guess a hanger is only a hanger cause you park a plane in it instead of a Toyota. Looks like a good safe spot though... Enjoy the ride man.

You have to push down pretty hard with your foot and pull on the handlebars to get the bike on the centerstand with the hump on and without the passenger grab rail (Did I hear someone say hump mod?). With the grab rail installed, it is fairly easy by pushing down with your foot and pulling up and back on the grab rail and the bar in the cutout under the rear seat.

I prefer leaving the bike on the centerstand while stored since the centerstand holds most of the weight of the bike, minimum weight on forks and non on rear.

Dude reach inside the left rear vent, up by the passanger seat... TA-DA! It's actually a steel Tube welded right there just for getting it on the center stand.
thumbs-up.gif

Busted, now go read that owners manual.
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new ride! Thanks for postin' the pic.

Beautiful color Busa! Congrats!

Be careful with that center stand....It would really suck for that to come down during a wheelie...
wow.gif

Yes atticdog, you do lose the wing and one of the brackets that held one end of it. The centerstand kit comes with another bracket that attaches the two halves of the lower side fairings at the rear.

I like the stand, but it will no doubt look funny sticking out the left side by itself when I put a 4-into-1 exhaust on the bike.

Well, I see you bought the slowest color combo available for '05 if you add NOS to it it might just might keep up with the '05 silver/black. J/K Man nice ride and congrats.
Jay

Mainly for those like me that are new to the Busa, the following is a summary of my planned winter mods that I gained knowledge of by reading the posts on this site:

Kickstand mod.

Genmar 3/4" risers and Helibars to raise the handlebars.

Protek footpegs to lower the pegs and hopefully put my knees down into the contours of the tank.

Zero Gravity Sport Touring windshield.

43-tooth rear sprocket for enhanced wheelie fun.

Speedohealer to recalibrate speedometer.

BDE/Hindle Generation 3 4-into-1 exhaust.

Small airbox mod.

Power Commander with appropriate map.

Pair block-off kit.

Hump mod so the passenger grab rail is always available to aid in placing the bike on the centerstand.

I have already removed the warning stickers.

Sorry guys, but I like my reflectors.

I plan to come up with my own removable backrest option.

Ordered the Tankslapper 3M product for tank protection. I have already scuffed rear of tank after only 150 miles.

Adjust headlight.

<!--EDIT|too_many_hobbies
Reason for Edit: "Add to mod list."|1102510308 -->

Very clean, first real picture of the red/black I have seen. Almost looks as good as all black. ENjoy it and good luck with your mods.

Already done paineless4u, I hauled the bike home with 1 mile (in my case, 1 statute mile) showing on the odometer. The first 47 miles I stayed mainly in 3rd gear accelerating and decelerating from 30 to 90 mph. After an hour of that I got motion sickness and had to lay down for a couple of hours (okay, everyone say wimp!). I guess the acceleration of the Busa made the experience like riding a roller coaster for an hour. The next day I got on the bike and started riding it normally, which on a Busa 160 mph is normal.

Changed the oil and filter at 150 miles and went straight to Shell Rotella T Synthetic. I don't believe there is any reason not to change immediately to synthetic in modern engines with their superior metals and controlled tolerances. I did stay away from oils with the energy conserving stamp just in case for the wet clutch.

On decisions like oil, I learn all I can by researching the subject, then I make my own, hopefully informed, decision. On decisions like removing the reflectors, I do my own thing and ignore the main stream.

Back