Ordered Red/Black 05 Yesterday

I went to purchase a Busa in 2001 but made the mistake of taking my wife with me.  When she sat on the rear seat of the then new GL1800, you can see from the attached what we rode home.

I sold the Wing and have been checking with this board for a couple of months now waiting to see what 2005 would bring.  I considered buying a 2004 LE that the dealer had in stock, but decided to put a deposit on his first delivery of a red/black 05.  It is amazing how the color of the 2004 LE changes when outside in the sunlight as opposed to indoors in a showroom.  It goes from a fingernail/lipstick red inside to absolutely beautiful outside.  I hope they use the same red for my red/black 05.

Very few of my toys (boat, airplane, etc.) have enough power to satisfy me.  I have never ridden a Busa and hope it doesn't let me down in the power department.  A friend left a Honda 954 with me for the day and I was really disapointed in that it had very little low end grunt.  It was only impressive from about 8 grand on up.

I plan to install a Zero Gravity sport touring windshield which I hope doesn't create a lot of turbulence since I will be using a headset/mike for bike-to-bike with my buddies.  I will also add a Corbin backrest for when either my 12 year old son or 15 year old daughter ride with me. My children like for me to pick them up from school on the bike.  My wife has been very negative about the Busa partially joking that she is not setting on that "hump thing". I will also add some sort of throw over soft saddlebags which I can remove when not sport touring.  I am going to call Shoei to inquire about future matching helmets for the red/black.

I always trailered the Wing to special places to ride and then unloaded it and used our hotel as a hub for our adventures.  I plan to do the same with the Haya-bad-boy.

I would appreciate any comments on the above mentioned accessories and also other suggestions for other add-ons.

GW640480.JPG

Welcome aboard! Looks like a pretty comfy cruiser there. Nothing compared to what you are about to ride though! Generally Shoei comes out with the color matched helmets for the Busa pretty quick, should be the RF-1000!
smile.gif
You have no clue what you are about to plant your butt on, this bike will make you a better rider.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Welcome to the board and congrats on your new bike. Your about to experience the ride of your life. Just be careful she will bite and bite hard.
beerchug.gif

You won't be disappointed! From what I hear the Corbin backrest is very nice. I have one, but have never ridden with it. Most of the folks that ride long distances use the sport touring version of the Zero Gravity windscreen and think its great. The matching helmets should be out pretty quickly and I'm sure will be nice. Welcome to the board and remember that the ride has just begun!

Congrats on the bike. If you want to make it comfortable for your wife to sit on, go with either corbin seats or tobin both are awesom.My wife hates the stock seat. Corbin also makes a hard beetle bag that looks good on the busa and I thinkis only held on with a few bolts, so easy removal. As far as grunt goes, I think you will be happy, if not just drop a tooth in the front and up 2 in the rear and you will have the grunt you need. Hayabusas aren't really about the passenger, it is all about the rider. You will love the power.

You definitely won't be disappointed. Just be prepared to have a smile permanately implanted on your face. That red/black color scheme looks sweet! Congratulations and welcome to the board.

Welcome and congrats! You can not have too many hobbies - unless you can't enjoy all of them. Expect to dump a few owning a busa.
biggrin.gif

Yes. I agree mine will be a red/black also that is unless they come out with a better looking LE model that is. But I like the black/red for now it matches the arai double-eagle, well kinda anyway
smile.gif

JC

no complaints with the 04 LE, but I think you will be fine with the black/red. I have found this community to be very mature and helpful... welcome....

dd

Welcome aboard and congrats. I doubt you will be disappointed with the Busa. Just make sure you watch that throttle...too much too early and you'll be staring at the sky while you're sliding on the ground.

Have fun and be safe...
cool.gif

Welcome! That is one HUGE looking scooter you had there...
smile.gif

You'll love the Busa! And I'm with what some other have said...you won't have too many hobbies in a few months...JUST THE BUSA & MODS!
tounge.gif

Back