Rear view camera installed

Get me outta Connecticut! its freezin up here!!!!
laugh.gif

IMAGE_00065.jpg

What I think is odd is the tire seems to be a little off center to the right
rock.gif

I like the camera setup though
clap.gif
What you are seeing is the tires manufacturing molding seam line. On Avon Venom tires the seam line is slightly off center giving the illusion of the entire set up being off. I thought so as well at first. I measured the tire from the outer edges on both sides and found out that the seam line is off. The tire is just a tiny bit, 1/2" off due to the wild swing arms construction. its not as bad as first impressions may seem.
With 8,000 miles on 'er the first CT summer it is holding up very well. Front tire is wearing out on outside edges. it wants to go straight. its like driving a triangle down the road! LOL

(PS, thats the original REAR tire and sch-wing arm sitting in the grass! aaahh, look at it. How cute! Just like a real tire only smaller LOL)

P5290045.JPG

measure again... I know that photos skew things but this centerline is off by a pretty good amount..

LEFT/RIGHT green lines are identical length

offcenter.jpg

measure again... I know that photos skew things but this centerline is off by a pretty good amount..

LEFT/RIGHT green lines are identical length
it does seem that way here but also notice the mufflers , you can see more of one than the other showing the camera is not exactly centered when photo was taken.

go from bead to bead (rim to rim) and measure/ split difference and then spin the tire putting a tire crayon line on tire center.. hard to tell how much parallax is involved in photo but the other images look about the same

Nah!
THe left muffler sticks out further on all Busas.

It'll drive you crazy when you put slipons, on.

Symetry is over rated anyway.
smile.gif

Be sure and let us know how your camera set up works out for you. My riding bud uses  the 7" LCD set up w/optional night vison camera as found on e-bay, it is around $250.00. This one is the wired system. He loves the set up, but he will not give up the mirrors. He tells me the stock tail makes for an easier install for the camera. BTW, I am a longtime fan, and new member.
hello.gif

So I am wondering if you can connect this vid setup to a recorder of some sort? Additionally, there is no reason why a person couldn't mount the cam to the front or anywhere else on the bike right?

I have this same set up, but in my trailer; I noticed that when I kept the camera powered for awhile, it got hot. Is there any chance of the camera being damaged from the constant power?

Be sure and let us know how your camera set up works out for you. My riding bud uses the 7" LCD set up w/optional night vison camera as found on e-bay, it is around $250.00. This one is the wired system. He loves the set up, but he will not give up the mirrors. He tells me the stock tail makes for an easier install for the camera. BTW, I am a longtime fan, and new member.
hello.gif
Thanks for the very kind words!
The camera image is a bit shaky at idle but smooths out nice at cruising speed. I will definitely keep the mirrors.
There are 12 adjustments on this brand of screen and you do need to set them as conditions change.
im glad i installed it but will move the screen and radar detector around as the way they are now the screen blocks the radar detector.

IMAGE_00083.jpg

I have this same set up, but in my trailer; I noticed that when I kept the camera powered for awhile, it got hot. Is there any chance of the camera being damaged from the constant power?
I will feel the unit after a nice ride next time and see about heat build up. Having the screen mounted on a bike it is "air cooled"
cool.gif

IMAGE_00081.jpg

Would you kill the goat if you found him humping or peeing on the bike? Cam install looks good man
thumb_up.gif
LOL, I love my little pets and would throw out the bike before ever hurting them. They do like to climb on the bike and chew on the stickers if i leave the bike uncovered. if i start it to warm up the motor and go in the house they stampede over to it and start dragging their choppers acrossed the stickers or sniffing at the exhaust pipe for some reason. oh well its like having kids they get into everything. I mean come on, look at how friggin cute he is!
winkold.gif

tucker1.jpg

Be sure and let us know how your camera set up works out for you. My riding bud uses the 7" LCD set up w/optional night vison camera as found on e-bay, it is around $250.00. This one is the wired system. He loves the set up, but he will not give up the mirrors. He tells me the stock tail makes for an easier install for the camera. BTW, I am a longtime fan, and new member.
hello.gif
Here is a cell phone camera video of the tv and custom shorty exhaust. poor quality but you get the idea.

http://media.putfile.com/BusaModsExhaust2

http://media.putfile.com/BusaModehaust1

Can the rear view cam screenbe plugged into a recorder? Anyway to record this info?
The goats are named Casper the friendly goat,(Like the song) and Tucker the little F***er!
laugh.gif

The screen has a plug coming from the camera that sends the signal. im sure someone with some electronic background could split this signal and route one end to a camcorder or digital recorder. The screen has not gotten hot or even warm staying on. I guess this will be fine over the long haul.

goatsmile.jpg

Can the rear view cam screenbe plugged into a recorder?  Anyway to record this info?
The goats are named Casper the friendly goat,(Like the song) and Tucker the little F***er!  
laugh.gif

The screen has a plug coming from the camera that sends the signal. im sure someone with some electronic background could split this signal and route one end to  a camcorder or digital recorder. The screen has not gotten hot or even warm staying on. I guess this will be fine over the long haul.
What kind of plug is it, can you snap a pic?

Thx!

Back