Real head scratcher

Dan Frailey

Registered
Hi everyone, I got a weird one here. I replaced my front wheel bearing, rotors, and pads. I found serious brake drag. The problem is from the right (brake lever) side. The caliper is so far out it is almost touching the rotor...
Thought it would be a alignment issue so I realigned the forks. Nothing changed. The truly odd thing is that its only on the one side...WTH

20230413_114522.jpg

Screenshot_20230413-151131_Gallery.jpg

Hi @Dan Frailey. Your first post, good to hear from you.

Be careful as you have double posted. In one of the threads you may want to write DELETE, and I think that may be monitored for deletion.

What year bike is this and how many miles are on it?

Could be a sized piston. Take it apart and clean around the pistons. They should all move in unity. Don't pull the brakes with the calipers off. Pistons will fly off and make a mess. Take the caliper off and wedge something between them so they don't pop off when you check their movement.

Hi everyone, I got a weird one here. I replaced my front wheel bearing, rotors, and pads. I found serious brake drag. The problem is from the right (brake lever) side. The caliper is so far out it is almost touching the rotor...
Thought it would be a alignment issue so I realigned the forks. Nothing changed. The truly odd thing is that its only on the one side...WTH

View attachment 1665423

View attachment 1665424

in my eyes the brake disc is not in the middle of the caliper - its parting line is exactly in the middle and that's where the disc belongs.

u changed bearings?

it could be that you didn't follow the correct order when inserting the bearings and your wheel/rim isn't centered in the fork.

if you haven't already, download the manual here from the forum and read it carefully.
what is it gen1 or gen2 ???????????????
damn why does almost no one mention which busa model it is when it comes to technical questions?

a little tip on the side - on this page of mine, at the very end, the order is written. 4 gen1 OR gen2 - they differ !!!!!!!

in my eyes the brake disc is not in the middle of the caliper - its parting line is exactly in the middle and that's where the disc belongs.

u changed bearings?

it could be that you didn't follow the correct order when inserting the bearings and your wheel/rim isn't centered in the fork.

if you haven't already, download the manual here from the forum and read it carefully.
what is it gen1 or gen2 ???????????????
damn why does almost no one mention which busa model it is when it comes to technical questions?

a little tip on the side - on this page of mine, at the very end, the order is written. 4 gen1 OR gen2 - they differ !!!!!!!
Hi Frank,

There are two threads on this subject from the OP...

Many of us have been responding to the other thread which makes this a little confusing...

........and almost all of us are stumped and unable to answer the question either....

View attachment 1665423

View attachment 1665424

Hi Frank,

There are two threads on this subject from the OP...

Many of us have been responding to the other thread which makes this a little confusing...

........and almost all of us are stumped and unable to answer the question either....
Thanks. I really wish I could just delete THIS post.. It didn't seen to work, then it did twice FOREVER.

Back