Radiator leaking

That melted fan blade is pretty wild. Does the fan work ok?
That melted fan blade is pretty wild. Does the fan work ok?
The fan works and starts when the needle of the thermometer is a little over halfway, and it stops after a few tens of seconds.
Apparently, Yoshimura's whole pipe system emits a lot of heat and the fan blade happened to stop right at that exhaust pipe. I would think that heat wraps on the pipes has solve this problem.

The fan can be set to turn on/off 10-15°F sooner in the ecu, with Ecu Editor or Woolrich.
Depending on how hot it gets where you live, this can keep the bike running a few degrees cooler, and helps in stop and go traffic.
I have flashed Many Busas, B-Kings, and a few Gsxrs this way, over many years, and no one ever had a problem.
This is something done in most all ecu flashes now, at least in the U.S.
Bikes are made to run hotter for emissions these days, and All Busas have the same ecu settings, regardless of which country or market they are sold in.
I also ride year round, sometimes in below freezing temperatures, and the fans still aren't coming on anywhere near a temperature low enough to keep the engine from warming up to normal operating temperature, so it would be impossible to hinder warm-up or time getting to operating temperatures.
The fans rarely come on in cold weather anyway.
But, I can say with 100% certanty that it Does make a difference on warm and especially hot days.
I have done enough before and after comparisons on the same routes and conditions(weather and traffic), and it is very noticeable that the bike is not getting as hot, or as hot as quickly, when in slow traffic, and sitting at lights.

The fan can be set to turn on/off 10-15°F sooner in the ecu, with Ecu Editor or Woolrich.
Depending on how hot it gets where you live, this can keep the bike running a few degrees cooler, and helps in stop and go traffic.
I have flashed Many Busas, B-Kings, and a few Gsxrs this way, over many years, and no one ever had a problem.
This is something done in most all ecu flashes now, at least in the U.S.
Bikes are made to run hotter for emissions these days, and All Busas have the same ecu settings, regardless of which country or market they are sold in.
I also ride year round, sometimes in below freezing temperatures, and the fans still aren't coming on anywhere near a temperature low enough to keep the engine from warming up to normal operating temperature, so it would be impossible to hinder warm-up or time getting to operating temperatures.
The fans rarely come on in cold weather anyway.
But, I can say with 100% certanty that it Does make a difference on warm and especially hot days.
I have done enough before and after comparisons on the same routes and conditions(weather and traffic), and it is very noticeable that the bike is not getting as hot, or as hot as quickly, when in slow traffic, and sitting at lights.
I useally dont ride in city and in Finland its pretty cool weather useally so i dont need this mod but I can see its usefull in different conditions.

I don't mind and I'm very suspicious of all kinds of miracle products..
I do know about the thermostat that determines the engine's operating temperature, but the thermostat can't fix the problem of an underpowered cooling system.
However, I do not claim that in the conditions in which I drive, I need more cooling power.

Before buying water Wetter, I found out what this "snake oil" is based on, i.e. lowering surface tension, and the theory seems plausible, that's why I wanted to try it.
There is no better product description on the side of the redline jar, so I don't know about the soap base yet. I need to find out.

In any case, I went on a little longer drive today and drove in the city center for a while, the thermometer stays around the halfway point and the fan sometimes starts up, when driving on the highway the gauge stays a little below the halfway point.
Important question to ask yourself is if you need it. If it does exactly what they do advertise, it means your fuel consumption will be slightly worse and at the same throttle opening your power output will be slightly less.

Back