Race supercharger kit

Richard how is the aem twinfire working out, and what coils ? still the aem ?
Have you compared it to a dyna or the NLR SIM ??

I haven't compared it to any other, but it works great. I did have one of the AEM coils go down and replaced it with a stock coil at the track and it didn't miss a beat. I have to question the AEM coil reliability they were vertually new. They are sending a replacement.

Thanks, sort of looking at either the cdi or just using the aem smart coils (mercury marine rebadged)
with editor allowing increased dwell time it opens up the way to a much better ign system , the smart coils are not fully saturated untill 9ms charge time
but still have a hell of a lot of punch at 3-4, and i'm thinking 5-5.5ms at peak torque will take a lot to blow out

sounds like you know a bit about coils and charge time etc, let me know how you get along. I am going to open up my spark gaps again to see if it still gives a good spark, if it does it should give more power. I might try surface discharge as well over the winter. I was thinking of using E85 as a cheap option to race fuel, I think it will work really well. I will post results as and when.

I ran into a coil power issue a couple of years ago with methanol and high boost , and needing to go dangerously lean to fire it , actually ended up too lean and melted several heads, and now wanting to go back down the methanol path, but better informed and with as much ign power as i can get .
I ended up buying the "dumb" coils , will see how they perform
I wish e85 was more in use here, i think it would be a great option,

Why not yukon coils?
If you can fire them off your ecu (stock wont but aftermarket will)
They are 5 times or more hotter then stock

Just not COP

Back