DOES ANYONE ON THIS BOARD HAVE A ......

TAZEONE

Registered
could you post pics?

any of y'all have the 250 wide tire kit?

also does a majority of your ridiing consist of
drag racing only?  is it still practical for streets and crusing?

thank you very much in advance.

<!--EDIT|TAZEONE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078636610 -->

I had mine lowered 2"'s and had it stretched 7"'s.  I road it on the street as much as possible and took it to the strip a couple of times.  I have recently raised it back to stock height and moved it into 5"'s (and put a new tire on it).  With it 7 out it would not hook up at all with the stock tire.  Now I have a shinko and I like the tire.  Here is some pics of it when it was 7 out and two down.

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078641437 -->

Busa_mods_003.jpg

Another, Oh ya and I think that it is very practical for street riding and cruising. I would rather have it stretched out 4-5"'s than stock.

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078641552 -->

Busa_mods_001.jpg

VERY NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!

I'M DEFINITELY DOIN THAT TO MINE,
NICE COLOR BTW
biggrin.gif

except i'm goin with the 250 tire kit for sure.
I didn't want to do it if I couldn't maintain the same street ride as I do now,
or really not make severe changes to the way my BUS rides now.

man it looks nice.
*edit* never mind, nice side shot!!!!

can I keep my dual cans with a 250 tire kit?

<!--EDIT|TAZEONE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078641753 -->

Rich, who painted your inner plastics (inbetween your gastank and side fairings) to match the rest of your bike? Also did you ever try to go 3" front & back with that topgun tail or is it possible w/o rubbing? Anyway, looks damn nice!
biggrin.gif

WOW!!!! ^^^^ thanks for that link,
but seriously, a lotta people asked how the bike turned with that fat rear tire and it being so low?

IS IT REALLY DIFFICULT TO STEER AND TURN ON THE NORMAL STREETS? I MEAN IS IT A TASK
LIKE PUSHING A CART UP A HILL WITH 10 GUYS IN IT?

and lastly, that bike is the truth! it's exactly how I want my BUS to look except not as low.

WOW again X 1,000,000,000,000

I got my side fairings from raceready but they suck. They only painted it with what looked to be spray paint, it looks like the side fairings were not prepped and they peel really easy. I have just recently took the fairings to get painted and had the side fairings sanded smooth/painted the same color as the bike. Here is a shot of one of the side fairings. I tried going all the way down with the dogbones and it was so low that I would hit the undertail.

right_side_fairing_2.JPG

Oh ya, that 250 kit is just to expensive, and I think that it would f-up the ride. It would look bad@ss though.:D

Taze. I hope you didnt send your panels to raceready just yet. Ping gixx1300r he does great work. im still waiting to get my panels back, but check out icemanns bike. He sands the panels, puts a few coats of flex paint and clear on them.

Ya deffinately go with gixx1300r's stuff I have seen pics of them and they look awesome. I sent mine to raceready before I found out about gixx1300r's stuff.

I have friends withb customs, 240 250 and one with a new 300 tire. Said its a bitch to turn at first, but that you get use to it.

oh yeah, forget on cruising with other sportbike buddies, or at least get used to tailing behind because unless your on the track, You bike will never see over 5000rpm. Due to having to be alot more cautious with each and every turn....
rock.gif

Looks bad ass bro. If you have the money to do a 250 conversion, I say, buy another busa for everyday riding and keep the 250 for show and track.
smile.gif

Taze. I hope you didnt send your panels to raceready just yet. Ping gixx1300r he does great work. im still waiting to get my panels back, but check out icemanns bike. He sands the panels, puts a few coats of flex paint and clear on them. [/QUOTE]

I didn't do an exchange, I just bought them outright..... but my card hasn't been charged yet. SO I'M DEFINITELY CANCELING MY ORDER!
THANKS A MILLION, I'M NOT ABOUT CHEAP poop WHERE IT PEELS!

good looking out bro.

oh yeah, forget on cruising with other sportbike buddies, or at least get used to tailing behind because unless your on the track, You bike will never see over 5000rpm. Due to having to be alot more cautious with each and every turn.... [/QUOTE]

damn, that really busted my bubble. I was hoping it wasn't too much drama with the turning, I know there is an issue with the speed bumps, but I just really only wanted to only extend out the swingarm like 3" and only lower the rear like 1.5"
I just really wanted the fat rear tire for the look. that SUCKS!!!! so there's basically no more goin over 100mph on the freeway?

no no more speeding.. the top speed on that tire isn't very high like 130 or something.
wow.gif

okay now i'm getting mixed responses........ are these guys just trying to give me a sales pitch?
they say the turning ratio won't affect my bike with this kit really. and the ride is actually better feeling like a caddy.
the salesman is basically saying, the ride will be the same, only thing is it is very expensive??? wtf. If I cant turn
that well, then it's not the same and if I can't REV over 5,000 then I ain't doin it. maybe 8,000
tounge.gif
but not 5k man.
really smooth and the only thing is I can't go over like 140mph.(this part I don't mind if as long as I can get to 140 quicker than poop still).

do any of your guys know if I can get this tire kit without extending the swingarm and lowering it only 1.5" ?

damn!!! anyone got anymore info?

OK SO IT LOOKS LIKE I'M GOIN TO DO THIS MOD AFTERALL.

i called Trac Dynamic this morning and this is what they told me:

1.  i'm not gonna lose the overall ride feel at all, I can adjust the shocks to give me what I want ride wise.
2.  I'll only suffer a little around turns on the streets, but have to take it very easy in the canyons.
3.  The top speed on the bike will be 150 and I can still def. redline my tach without worrying.
4.  I don't have to slam the bike to do this mod, I don't even have to lower it if I don't want, so i'm glad.
i'm gonna prolly just do the rear 1.5 and then maybe do the front just a tad
5.  I'm extendeding the swingarm only 4" over so it won't be that extreme

THE MAJOR THING THAT SUCKS IS IT TAKES 4 - 6 WEEKS FOR THE WHEEELS!!!!!!!
sad.gif

I'm goin to Trac Dynamic on thurs to give them a deposit.
btw, Trac Dynamic is going to install all of this as well.

but i'm excited to do this...... I'm definitely gonna post pics
once it's done.

<!--EDIT|TAZEONE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078772523 -->

Back