RAC TO THE RESCUE

probusa

Registered
hi all me and the wife went over to strattford today we have a yearly motorcycle event called the balldog bash that takes place over there.
we pulled up in the bike park and there where 1000's of bikes riding through and parked up.
we walked around and stopped in pub was a lovely day been really hot aswell.
(BAD NEWS) i started the bike and pulled it away from the other bikes so the wife could jump on and it stalled.tried to start it and all i can hear is the starter motor turning but wouldnt start the engine and also i have got the f1 light on the dash flicking on and off.wouldnt start at all.so i phoned up the rac and the bloke came out,but he also didnt know what was up with it.we couldnt find the fuse box lol (due to me not knowing anything about bikes).so he said we would have to wait for the truck to come and take us and the bike back home.
while we was waiting we had two of the funniest americans come along and start taking pics of the bike and 1 of them said (is this your bike) i said yes he said (looks sweet) i said even better if it would start.
and he said i've heard of harleys breaking down but not busas lol .we all had a laugh and they went.
when the tow truck came along we got the bike on the truck and came back home.
all the trouble we have had today it really didnt matter i think that truthfully it has made the day and im really happy. but what i wanted to ask you all is have you ever had this f1 problem with your bike?
it's happened twise now and the dodgy dealer down the road to me it was oil in the fuss box but i find it hard to believe.i do have a pc3 usb under pillion seat with standard map could that be the cause?or is it the fuss box or a sencor.
the bike is outside now and we have good weather tomorrow and if i can fix it i would like to ride tomorrow due to the fact our weather is very tempermental plus i love riding my baby. if you can help please feel free to leave me a reply and i thank you very much.
kind regards
probusa.

Wow, you're dealer sucks.

The FI light means, check the bike for the fault code.  Dealers have a tool, but you can use a paperclip.

Remove the rider's seat.  Look for a 4 holed plug that has 2 wires connected to it.  It'll be somewhere behind the battery but in front of the tool kit on the clutch side.  It can be buried down.

Turn on the ignition and use the paperclip to jump the 2 wires that are attached to the 4 holed plug by inserting the ends of the paper clip in the appropriate holes.  Then look at your clock and it'll display the code.

you are brilliant thanks. i paid £120 when it happened before. and do you know why this happens or how i can prevent it?

(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 11 2007,15:38) Wow, you're dealer sucks.

The FI light means, check the bike for the fault code. Dealers have a tool, but you can use a paperclip.

Remove the rider's seat. Look for a 4 holed plug that has 2 wires connected to it. It'll be somewhere behind the battery but in front of the tool kit on the clutch side. It can be buried down.

Turn on the ignition and use the paperclip to jump the 2 wires that are attached to the 4 holed plug by inserting the ends of the paper clip in the appropriate holes. Then look at your clock and it'll display the code.
You learn something new everyday...
Good one.
E

there is a chart of the codes somewhere to tell you where to start looking--and how to test the sensors.
Best bet is to find/buy a service manual for it

Put up the code on here when you find it  
beerchug.gif

You can download a copy of the old service manual here.
It has the codes starting on 8-2 or page 409.

(BusaDale @ Aug. 11 2007,20:19) You can download a copy of the old service manual here.
It has the codes starting on 8-2 or page 409.

(DaCol. @ Aug. 11 2007,17:14) Put up the code on here when you find it  
beerchug.gif
What they said  
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

c41 is code now all i need to know is wat to do its sommin to do with fuel pump relay i think i got my tank up jst waiting to know what to do next
all_coholic.gif

Back