R-22 or RS-3

busabutter

Registered
I like the way the r-22 look but according to the yoshimura website the RS-3 have a deeper rumble. Anyone have either of these? How much of a deeper rumble do they have? Wish I would have found the yoshi forum before I bought the blings. I wonder if its too late to change the order. Anyone hear the difference between these 2?

I have the blings and they are one of the deepest I have ever heard. All of the other busa guys I ride with say it sounds awesome. The shorter pipe gives it a deeper sound. You will be happy with it!
beerchug.gif

I have no personal experiance, but from all the posts I have read people usually mod the RS-3 (remove the baffles) to stop a rattle and make them louder. I dont think the blings need the baffle removed. Every one with the blings say they sound great.

IF You want the deep sound go with the RS-3 OR with a Tsukigi I have a tsukigi and I love the sound of it. I wanted something that not a lot of People have. I paid 800 For my tsukigi racing pipe

jump9.gif
Finally got my R-22 Blings. They look so nice on the bike. But I'm not happy with the sound. Its a good thing they look great to make up for it because I would be pretty upset if they didn't look as good.

These cans are NOT deep sounding and they are NOT loud. They sound a little louder and just a little deeper than stock. I wanted a little more rumble than this. The stock cans almost sound just as deep if not deeper at idle than these. And there is a slight pingy sound that I don't like. When I rev the engine I want to hear exhaust sound not the engine.

I notice at the end of the cone there are little slots, I cover then up and the pinging sound goes away. Do these have a break in period or should I say do they get a little louder later because right now they only sound a little louder than stock.
crazy.gif

Sell them and buy a Muzzy Oval s/s system or a Brock Gen 2 full system if money is a issue. .

busabutter,

Look close and make sure they do not have the new style road legal decibal killers installed .

Those Blings are quiet indeed but you describe a DB killer and the strange exhaust note it makes .

I wish I had a pic for you .

If not , before loosing money by selling and buying another set of mufflers , let me know , there's a way to mod them for deeper tone . It is not as simple as removing the packing but the extra work is rewarding .

This site might need a new owner stickey about mufflers . More and more are buying the newer bolt on-ns and disappointed after purchase

I don't know what they would look like. When I look straight down the cans I can see all the way down to the bend towards the heads. Looks like a straight shot. But I do notice at the cone end there is a short outlet tube that I guess is used for a little back pressure
rock.gif
And there is a little set screw that looks like it holds it in place but the set screw doesn't even tough the pipe, don't know what its there for. I looked to see if it would slide out or be removed but it looks like its welded.

I like a pipe with a deep tone to it, these do not have a deep tone. They sound better than stock but its just a hair more prominent than stock. Sounds like the stock cans gutted out. But it is smooth throughout the rpm range. Oh well live and learn. They do LOOK NICE though, really nice.

I am starting to get the impression that people for what ever reason just want to say stuff to ya. Sittin at a light, someone always has to open there mouth. " HEY blah blah blah " Its not so easy to try and carry a conversation in traffic with a helmet on. And most of the times its stupid questions and comments. I even had some fool say " Hey, let me ride that bitch " Ok like I am going to get off my bike in the middle of traffic and let this complete stranger take my bike. He wasn't kidding. Asked me 3 times over and over. He had this strange possessed look on his face.
guns.gif

Just tell him, "You can ride my bitch if I can ride yours!!!" That'll shut him up
guns.gif

(mountainmotor @ Mar. 16 2007,06:06) busabutter,

Look close and make sure they do not have the new style road legal decibal killers installed .

Those Blings are quiet indeed but you describe a DB killer and the strange exhaust note it makes .

I wish I had a pic for you .

If not , before loosing money by selling and buying another set of mufflers , let me know , there's a way to mod them for deeper tone . It is not as simple as removing the packing but the extra work is rewarding .

This site might need a new owner stickey about mufflers . More and more are buying the newer bolt on-ns and disappointed after purchase
fill us in on the tone mod

The R-22s must have changed since I bought mine. I first put RS-3s on my Busa shortly after buying it in 2003 and they were significantly louder (but nowhere near offensive) than the stock cans. Then I replaced them with R-22s about a year and a half ago and they were a lot louder than the RS-3s. I almost considered wearing earplugs, that's how much louder they were! They still are not something I would call a "loud" pipe, but they are louder and sound great - nice deep tone without turning people off with their noise.

As I said, something must have changed! You absolutely could not even begin to compare them to stock cans.

Ed

They come with the baffle inserts. I have another thread about them. I took them out and yes it sounds nice. Much better. Like you said its a good sound with deep tone and not loud to where it offends people.

(busabutter @ Mar. 30 2007,11:50) They come with the baffle inserts. I have another thread about them. I took them out and yes it sounds nice. Much better. Like you said its a good sound with deep tone and not loud to where it offends people.
where is the link to the post about removing the baffles
muscle.gif

Back