Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R-22 blings installed

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I installed the blings last night.  Just bolt-ons, but I got rid of the stocks.  They don't sound to much louder to me, but the have a nice deep tone.  The exhaust finally sounds "tuned". They are much shorter than the stock and the RS-3's.

<!--EDIT|quikbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146687121 -->

BackExhaust__Small_.jpg

It was back fired a little. I didnt know if I should do the mod? It sounds like a yes. Thanks.

Nice lookin' pipes ... really like that mellow sound, too.

do you have any pics of the whole side of the bike with those pipes on? i've been pondering these and i'm trying to get a good idea of what they would look like on a 05 blk/grey...

Thanks for the pics!!
cool.gif
Looks good!!

by the way... where did you get them and did you get a good deal?
rock.gif

starcycle.com best price I could find. $589.95. It did take 2 weeks to get them.

well to my understanding, you shouldnt have to do a pair block off or marble mod just for bolt on pipes. Many say that its only needed if you do a full exhaust system. I have the r-22 on my busa, it only has 400 miles on it and it dosent back fire at all. It did however have a few flat spots in it but that was solved by adding a cobra Digitial fuel processor.

one more havent heard many backfires but i may try the cobra unit later

pipes.jpg

Looks good . Why didn't you spend a couple $$ more and go with a full system?

Looks good . Why didn't you spend a couple $$ more and go with a full system?
because $500 is alot better than $1000+ ! I'm military.. cant afford everything i'd like... i had a line on a full system but it fell through so i'm lookin to go cheap... slip/bolt on's.

Military pay is kinda sad, but it looks like over 4% raise next year.
cool.gif

Military pay is kinda sad, but it looks like over 4% raise next year.
cool.gif
Yea.. the new Air Force Times has a story about possible targeted pay raises for E-5's through E-9's so i may get a extra raise 1 April too!

Top Bottom