Quick question

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
I just noticed that when I turn my key on but not start bike and the gauges do their little dance my water temp gauge pegs in the red. Does anyone elses bike do this? Maybe I just need to pay more attention but I've only had the bike for 8 months:poke:

I just noticed that when I turn my key on but not start bike and the gauges do their little dance my water temp gauge pegs in the red. Does anyone elses bike do this? Maybe I just need to pay more attention but I've only had the bike for 8 months:poke:

Mine does it too, but I looked it up somewhere and it is normal. I'll see if I can find where I read it.

Actually it's a test of the electrical system which your bike performs every time you turn the key on.

I know why the gauge needles dance but I was just curious about the temp gauge. I just never noticed it before.

Yes the temp gauge will always go to the top when you turn the key and not start. Just make sure it does not stay there when you start it.

FYI: It's actually stated in the owners manual (in the starting up section, I think)that the temp gauge will read to "H" whenver the ignition is on with the engine not running.

Back