question to go over 200 mph and video at 340 km/h

edu1974

Registered
I read in this mb that to go over 200 mph come guys recomend to get a ZX12 sterring dumper for a BUSA. I race my bike in 1/4 mile in Brazil (turbo busa 285 hp) and use it to travel some weekends. I feel pretty confortable with the bike and I'm planning to break a brazilian speed record with the bike using an airport track. What do you experts, recomend me to do in the bike. It has forged pistons, rods, turbo, APE clutch discs, HD springs, extended swingarm, double bubble, and"I'll use 18-40 sprockets. Whatelse?

Thanx a lot guys.

Check this video out.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you wanted to stiffin up the steering damper , drain the fluid and refill with 90 wt that should stiffen things up quite a bit ! there are a ton of aftermarket dampers out there also that are fully adjustable , but i dont know anything about the swap with a zx12 damper ? sombody else will chime in im sure
beerchug.gif

I don't know the difference but i read here, in the top speed topics someone telling that it is good to get the Kawa damper. Anyway, my 99 Busa is pretty secure at hi speeds but I wanna be safe to reach 340 km/h and stays at that speed for a while... What about tire? Which one you recomend? And the pressure for the back one.

Thanx once again!

I've run over 200mph on a one mile runway (maxton). As for the damper I had already swapped to 90w oil. t was completely stable. Since then I've gone to a adjustable damper just so I can stiffen/loosen it depending on my ridding. You should be fine with the stock damper but if things get loose swap the oil before buying something different.

fyi... 18/40 aint the gears you wanna run. You'll redline 'em.

you have to also look at tire size (rolling cir.), clutch slip, to determine what the mph/kph might be at redline.

I've run 18/40 in the mile and maxed it out. I was over 200mph but I've got alot less than 280hp so that's why I'm suggesting different gearing. Maybe try 19/40 it also depends on the length of runway you've got....

be careful with long high speed runs with a turbo.... high intake temps = boom
firedevil.gif

I would also think the double bubble wind screen is nice to have, but would add additional wind drag, so for you high speed runs you may want to put stock back on. Remember it is the most aerodynamic bike made. So get down and get everything tucked in.

Good luck with the record.

(manatrader @ Jan. 11 2007,13:01) I would also think the double bubble wind screen is nice to have, but would add additional wind drag, so for you high speed runs you may want to put stock back on. Remember it is the most aerodynamic bike made. So get down and get everything tucked in.

Good luck with the record.
tucked in... that's the hard part. Most can't tuck enough to hide behind th stock screen.

thanks a lot once again for all you guys! The run must happen in february. As soon as I run, I'll be here to talk and get some more knowledge from you.

Bye!

Good luck . You shouldn't have a problem . But I would change the oil in the dampener just for the extra help.

Hey guys, sorry to be so late aswering that. Still waiting for the airport track to autorize the run. In Brazil is not that easy to and costs a lot and it will just me and my pocket. The airport must be available until april. As soon as I run, i'll post here the speed even if it is not what we're expecting. thanks again

Back