Question on throttlebody etc.

Keppni

Registered
Can anyone inform me why some uses pipes between the engine inlet and the throttle-body as shown on the picture attached.
As the picture shows, this is a motorbike engined car (not my car), which is my currently project I am working on.
THANKS

mynd af lágri innspýtingu.jpg

I am sorry, what is your question? Why they are using the intake between the TB's and the block?

I am sorry, what is your question? Why they are using the intake between the TB's and the block?
Yes, sorry is I did not formulate my question better, I did find it rather difficult....

But will these pipes (between the TB's and the block) change the torque or?
This solution would in fact fit nicely in my carproject.

Do you perhaps know where I could buy this?
And do you know where I could buy the air filter, as shown on the picture?
Thanks.

That really looks nice.

My guess is because if you had the TBs bolted directly to the intake manifold, it would be too high and the hood would have to be cut. By adding this tubing, you can redirect the TBs down and allow the hood to close. Don't know what affect it has on power.

Would those not be the same as velocity stacks? Longer or shorter can affect torque in a given rpm range. Not sure where to find that filter, will have to google.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

looks like a piper filter. There are a few companies that have something like that available. As for the long runners, yes they'll influence the hp & torque curve of the engine. They should help flatten things out.

That is my friend David at Super 7 Cars In Canada. I provided them tons of kits and parts for their builds. He will get you taken care of if you need anything for a one off build. They try to keep the cars streamling so that's the reason for the curved manifold and it actual is one of his secrets of why his cars act and run like they do on the courses here and abroad...

go here to check them out and for his info

Super 7 Cars Incorporated - Homepage

Back