Turbo header on NA motor

MRHealey

Registered
As I'm putting my busa engine in a small car... space is very limited.. has anyone ran a Turbo header/manifold on an NA motor before.. there isn't much room to build a header and I'm thinking one of these would fit fantastic but will probably hurt power and sound weird. Any thoughts.

Screenshot_20231017_172128_eBay.jpg

have you looked at a sidewinder header?

View attachment 1671849
I have but with the motor turned transverse in the car that exhaust would go forward on the car where I have no room. I have ordered the header I posted in my original post so I can mock it up and check fitment.. the header that came with the bike won't fit with the lo pro oil pan I have either so I need something for the time being as I am keeping the engine runnable while I fit everything

I have but with the motor turned transverse in the car that exhaust would go forward on the car where I have no room. I have ordered the header I posted in my original post so I can mock it up and check fitment.. the header that came with the bike won't fit with the lo pro oil pan I have either so I need something for the time being as I am keeping the engine runnable while I fit everything
Hi. You could just start with a stock header cut it up get some pipe and build your own maybe get a bildu your own from Jegs or Summet? May be contact DME they may beable to build you one.

Hi. You could just start with a stock header cut it up get some pipe and build your own maybe get a bildu your own from Jegs or Summet? May be contact DME they may beable to build you one.
I may end up doing that once I get the engine in all of the way and see how much room I have in the end.. I hate to cut up the header that is on it currently as it's probably worth more to sell it off as it's a full Hindle setup.

1959 Austin Healey Sprite
nice
so the engine is mounted transversely? like in a front drive style car?

I may end up doing that once I get the engine in all of the way and see how much room I have in the end.. I hate to cut up the header that is on it currently as it's probably worth more to sell it off as it's a full Hindle setup.
Hi. My friend had one that I worked on. Another friend had one with a Ford 2.2 with a turbo in it. Get a different rear end as the axle snap with the stock 900cc motor.

so it mounted longitudinally like in many rear drive cars. so you can consider a sidewider style exhaust. obviously it will have to be modded. the exhaust in the pic can be modded to fit by getting rid of the last 90 bend. these off brand exhaust systems are inexpensive so it wouldnt hurt to cut and bend to fit.

IMG_2110.jpeg

IMG_2109.jpeg

Hi. My friend had one that I worked on. Another friend had one with a Ford 2.2 with a turbo in it. Get a different rear end as the axle snap with the

so it mounted longitudinally like in many rear drive cars. so you can consider a sidewider style exhaust. obviously it will have to be modded. the exhaust in the pic can be modded to fit by getting rid of the last 90 bend. these off brand exhaust systems are inexpensive so it wouldnt hurt to cut and bend to fit.

View attachment 1671855

View attachment 1671856
That engine bay has way more room than mine... plus that picture must be reversed as the exhaust should be on the left hand side of the car.. not as pictured.. the sidewinder collector would be facing forward which won't work

Back