Question about how to Ride

Don't think about traction or lean angle. I press on the outside peg and inside bar entering the corner, slide off the seat to the inside of the curve extending the knee. By the time I'm at the apex, weight is equally distributed on both pegs. As I'm coming out of the corner my weight is on the inside peg as I'm sliding back onto the seat.
I am having a problem with the "pushing down" on footpeg part.. maybe part of my "not getting far enough off bike" problem?

A Busa can be bad news as a first bike, learning how to ride. ???

As per one of your previous posts, again follow the advice of going to a basic motorcycle safety course.

We would like to have you around for a long time, with a bike in one piece. :welcome:

Don't think about traction or lean angle. I press on the outside peg and inside bar entering the corner, slide off the seat to the inside of the curve extending the knee. By the time I'm at the apex, weight is equally distributed on both pegs. As I'm coming out of the corner my weight is on the inside peg as I'm sliding back onto the seat.

Now this is what I'm talking about. I see these busa riders wearing pants with scuffed pucks and am clueless as to how they get the beast to corner that well. Maybe it's a size thing as I am a 195 lb 5' 7" guy. My girlfriend rides a 2008 ninja 250. I sometimes jump on it to play. I can ride the sweepers just as fast if not faster on that 250 than I can on the beast. So what is it that I'm not doing right?
Posted via Mobile Device

250 is going to be faster around almost any corner than the busa..... it is the straights where the busa gets with the program.. Take a look at YouTube "Peter Lenz"

Last edited:
Now this is what I'm talking about. I see these busa riders wearing pants with scuffed pucks and am clueless as to how they get the beast to corner that well. Maybe it's a size thing as I am a 195 lb 5' 7" guy. My girlfriend rides a 2008 ninja 250. I sometimes jump on it to play. I can ride the sweepers just as fast if not faster on that 250 than I can on the beast. So what is it that I'm not doing right?
Posted via Mobile Device

You are lucky you have a 250 around. Practice form on the 250. Then apply what you learn on the 250 to the Busa. If you aren't dragging knee with the 250, you won't be doing it on the Busa. Once you figure it out on the 250, it won't be long until you can do it on the Busa.

You are lucky you have a 250 around. Practice form on the 250. Then apply what you learn on the 250 to the Busa. If you aren't dragging knee with the 250, you won't be doing it on the Busa. Once you figure it out on the 250, it won't be long until you can do it on the Busa.

I guess it could be a mind thing then. When I origionally bought my busa, beleive it or not I got it due to the comfort and the smooth ride. So basically I am one of those guys who rides a fast bike, slow. I have yet to take it to the track and want to with lessons. Right now I live in an area infested with critters that have a knack for showing themselves on the side of the road on the hard corners so I constantly have this pucker factor going on. I am a responsible rider and will never ride to impress those who are riding faster than me. I choose life. But I know I am not riding this bike to its full potential. This is why I ask these ??. If you really think I can ride a busa like I can ride that puddle jumper, then I need to just relax and trust the mechanics of the bike. I was told that a hayabusa wont perfom like other sportbikes because of the weight placement. The majority of the weight ins up front making it a hard bike to manuever.....so is this just crap or is there some truth to this?

tough enough coming to the end of the straightaway at 175+, laying into the brakes and then throwing your body off the side of the bike at 125 or so... is a mental exercise I am still trying to work through :laugh: (worse as guys go passing by you at the same time)

Especially if he's riding a limited bike and is 9 years old :whistle:

I guess it could be a mind thing then. When I origionally bought my busa, beleive it or not I got it due to the comfort and the smooth ride. So basically I am one of those guys who rides a fast bike, slow. I have yet to take it to the track and want to with lessons. Right now I live in an area infested with critters that have a knack for showing themselves on the side of the road on the hard corners so I constantly have this pucker factor going on. I am a responsible rider and will never ride to impress those who are riding faster than me. I choose life. But I know I am not riding this bike to its full potential. This is why I ask these ??. If you really think I can ride a busa like I can ride that puddle jumper, then I need to just relax and trust the mechanics of the bike. I was told that a hayabusa wont perfom like other sportbikes because of the weight placement. The majority of the weight ins up front making it a hard bike to manuever.....so is this just crap or is there some truth to this?

I hear you about the animals. I thought possums were flat round animals that lived in the road. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

prpv.jpg

plamb_ahrump_trackday_share_2_resized.jpg

258o2202 (Medium).jpg

MF1A1211.jpg

pahrump_trackday_share_3_resized.jpg

Vman_20_28Small_29.JPG

I hear you about the animals. I thought possums were flat round animals that lived in the road. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

wow! That is where I want to be. I got to get those track classes going. Thanks for the pics.
Posted via Mobile Device

You are still turning the wheel when you counter steer, but yes, you turn the bars the opposite direction that you want the bike to go. Push right, go right. Push left, go left.

Correct. It's called counter steering because it is counter intuitive. When you push right, you are actually turning the wheel left, but the bike leans and goes right.

I've never actually noticed what speed you switch from steering to counter steering.

Back