Question about how to Ride

grayautomotive

Registered
Is it true that once you get to a certain speed counter steering takes over where you cannot turn the wheel on a motorcycle no matter how much you try so like if you going slow and turn the wheel right the bike wheel go to the right but if you going 35mph or so and try to turn right the bike will go left.

You are still turning the wheel when you counter steer, but yes, you turn the bars the opposite direction that you want the bike to go. Push right, go right. Push left, go left.

HIGHLY recommend you read the Keith Code "Twist of the Wrist" books; I liked #2 best as it explains the dynamics really well. I found them in the local library.

I'm gonna jack a little of this thread. To all you seasoned busa riders, while riding the beast, what is your technique to carve the corners at a high rate of speed?

Last edited:
I'm gonna jack a little of this thread. To all you seasoned busa riders, while riding the beast, what is your technique to carve the corners at a high rate of speed?

You must counter steer at speed, I forgot at what speed counter steering is ineffective, however, you must also take into account lean angle, traction, and the line in the curve.

I am dying to know who this is posting these questions....

I am so sorry to offend you bogus, but I was curious to see how people on here generally rode this particular bike. Maybe with some practice, classes and a little advice ( which just so happens to be what I am seeking here) I'll be as good as you. If you don't care to share your top secret tips then just bypass the thread on go on to something more of your liking. Just a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am so sorry to offend you bogus, but I was curious to see how people on here generally rode this particular bike. Maybe with some practice, classes and a little advice ( which just so happens to be what I am seeking here) I'll be as good as you. If you don't care to share your top secret tips then just bypass the thread on go on to something more of your liking. Just a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device
my reply was to the first post (and I do not think that was you)... It is a guy that buys his very first motorcycle to ride to bike week? serious doubts about this in the first place.

he has posted a number of these rather "odd" questions (certainly not of a nature a guy on a hyperbike should be finding out if he is in fact in the dark)

I got no tips for high speed corning... still working on doing it.. (read Kieth Codes "Twist of the wrist" )

tough enough coming to the end of the straightaway at 175+, laying into the brakes and then throwing your body off the side of the bike at 125 or so... is a mental exercise I am still trying to work through :laugh: (worse as guys go passing by you at the same time)

Last edited:
my reply was to the first post (and I do not think that was you)... It is a guy that buys his very first motorcycle to ride to bike week? serious doubts about this in the first place.

he has posted a number of these rather "odd" questions (certainly not of a nature a guy on a hyperbike should be finding out if he is in fact in the dark)

I got no tips for high speed corning... still working on doing it.. (read Kieth Codes "Twist of the wrist" )

tough enough coming to the end of the straightaway at 175+, laying into the brakes and then throwing your body off the side of the bike at 125 or so... is a mental exercise I am still trying to work through :laugh: (worse as guys go passing by you at the same time)

How about when guys are coming at you from the other direction throwing sparks? :laugh:

I had that experience last weekend on my FJR. Car came around a blind corner about 3 ft over the line. I'm glad I had room to move over.

It usually only have that happen at the dragon. But I was riding down MO 185 through the twisties at the speed limit minding my own business :whistle: and a car comes around the corner the other direction 3/4 in my lane.

Last edited:
You must counter steer at speed, I forgot at what speed counter steering is ineffective, however, you must also take into account lean angle, traction, and the line in the curve.

Don't think about traction or lean angle. I press on the outside peg and inside bar entering the corner, slide off the seat to the inside of the curve extending the knee. By the time I'm at the apex, weight is equally distributed on both pegs. As I'm coming out of the corner my weight is on the inside peg as I'm sliding back onto the seat.

Last edited:

Im not even on the bike when i turn if im going right i got my left butt cheek on the seat and thats about it,and dont for get to accelerat throught the turn. i think it was mr bogus that said it the best its mental and its all about trusting the tire:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back