Purchasing new Busa soon, but have ?s

Look at cycletrader.com,A place in weatherford,texas is advertising them for 9400,I know you can get one in texarkanas for 10800 out the door.

(meluvmybusa @ Nov. 22 2006,19:38)
cool.gif

Thanks guys for all the replies.  Hoping to pick it up this weekend.  They are asking for $10,900 out the door with 2 year warrenty, new tires, and a Scorpion Helmet.

Does that seem to be on the high.
If they can trow in a new helmet, they have got too much money on it, as for dealerships in Australia im pretty sure they are required to put New tires on a bike and the 2 year warranty well thats just left over from the year model of the bike came out...

Sales people talk up a lot of S.H.I.T to make them sound like they are giving the world to you.

Also another little thing, that may be of use is that I sometimes when a person takes there bike into the dealerships to trade in, they set a base price..... they dont care if it has a powercommander, double bubble windscreen, aftermarket exhaust, K&N Filter et etc

although they do rely on that when they sell it back to the public..

Make sure you test ride the bike before buying it. New Tires. Make sure second gear isn't gone, etc.
Thing is I can but an '07, no miles and a helmet for 500.00 less than you're talking.
rock.gif

(meluvmybusa @ Nov. 22 2006,09:39) My question is with the Muzzy Exhaust system we can't locate a power commander (PC)on it (we looked under the take and under the Hump).   Could the PC be hidden somewhere else or could some other modes be offered like it being Dynoed and it not need a PC?
I have a full exhaust without a power commander. I had it dynoed and mapped with a yosh box. 172 rwhp. The yosh box is a stand-alone unit used to adjust the settings. Unlike the power commander, it is not permanently mounted to the bike. The big difference is that you can not adjust the settings as easily and as quickly as you can with the pc.

So it may be that the map was adjusted with the yosh box. Unfortunately, I don't know how you can tell without talking to the previous owner.

Any full exhaust needs to be remapped in some way.

if the dealer will not cut 2100 or so off look elsewhere. here is a link for a dealer on the forum that has new ones for 9000

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 22 2006,13:49)
(dadofthree @ Nov. 22 2006,13:22) Don't understand 3K and new tires. In this area 600.00 for Metzlers installed at the stealership.
At 3k on a Busa, tires middle thread can be hitting the wear bars on the tire.

$600.00! You're getting raped...you got the stealership part right.
wink.gif
yeah but the front usually does at least double duty.
biggrin.gif

(Red05 @ Nov. 22 2006,09:58) I know several people that run full exhaust without a PC. Probably the case on that bike is that they elected not to spend the $. Easiest way to check is the big electrical connector under the tank.

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome!
smile.gif
. Send a pic to pawbel1@yahoo.com and I'll post it!
yep lift the tank and check the plug.

Back