Purchasing new Busa soon, but have ?s

meluvmybusa

Registered
Hello Hayabusa Family,

I've been lurking for some time now.  I'm wanting to purchase a Busa this weekend, that I've had my eyes on for about 2 weeks (this will be my 3rd Bike...600 & 929).  It is an 05 Black/Silver that is being sold by a dealer here in Houston.  The bike looks and sounds great (no test ride).  It has 3K miles on it, a Puig (sp) windscreen, Hotbodies eliminator tail, Brand new front and back Metzler tires, and a full Muzzy exhaust system on it.  A couple of guys at the dealer say that it is a strong bike.

My question is with the Muzzy Exhaust system we can't locate a power commander (PC)on it (we looked under the take and under the Hump).   Could the PC be hidden somewhere else or could some other modes be offered like it being Dynoed and it not need a PC?

Any suggestions.   I took pictures on my cell phone and email them to my computer but  I can't seem to down load them on here.  Would be happy to send an email to someone else to post for me.

Thanks for your comments.

I know several people that run full exhaust without a PC. Probably the case on that bike is that they elected not to spend the $. Easiest way to check is the big electrical connector under the tank.

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome!
smile.gif
. Send a pic to pawbel1@yahoo.com and I'll post it!

(Red05 @ Nov. 22 2006,07:58) I know several people that run full exhaust without a PC. Probably the case on that bike is that they elected not to spend the $. Easiest way to check is the big electrical connector under the tank.

EDIT: Forgot to say welcome!
smile.gif
. Send a pic to pawbel1@yahhoo.com and I'll post it!
Thanks for the info Red05. The people that you run full exhaust without PC do their bikes run strong (can you discuss the pros/cons). PM sent with pictures.

rock.gif

Get the PCIII and the map you can download from Dyno to take full advantage of the full exhaust. Get it tuned at a Dyno to optimize it's full potential.

(meluvmybusa @ Nov. 22 2006,14:39) Hello Hayabusa Family,

I've been lurking for some time now.  I'm wanting to purchase a Busa this weekend, that I've had my eyes on for about 2 weeks (this will be my 3rd Bike...600 & 929).  It is an 05 Black/Silver that is being sold by a dealer here in Houston.  The bike looks and sounds great (no test ride).  It has 3K miles on it, a Puig (sp) windscreen, Hotbodies eliminator tail, Brand new front and back Metzler tires, and a full Muzzy exhaust system on it.  A couple of guys at the dealer say that it is a strong bike.

My question is with the Muzzy Exhaust system we can't locate a power commander (PC)on it (we looked under the take and under the Hump).   Could the PC be hidden somewhere else or could some other modes be offered like it being Dynoed and it not need a PC?

Any suggestions.   I took pictures on my cell phone and email them to my computer but  I can't seem to down load them on here.  Would be happy to send an email to someone else to post for me.

Thanks for your comments.
I run a full yosh with no PC on my 05 blk/silver. I did the pair valve mod. Runs super strong! No backfire, real strong.

P.

(meluvmybusa @ Nov. 22 2006,10:07) Thanks for the info Red05.  The people that you run full exhaust without PC do their bikes run strong (can you discuss the pros/cons).   PM sent with pictures.

rock.gif
Both good points above. The Busas do seem to run very strong a touch lean, but I have to agree with Over Easy, to get the full advantages of the exhaust system, I'd put the PC on my Christmas list
smile.gif
. By the way, no email or PM that I see (?)

cool.gif

Thanks guys for all the replies. Hoping to pick it up this weekend. They are asking for $10,900 out the door with 2 year warrenty, new tires, and a Scorpion Helmet.

Does that seem to be on the high.

I am nor pro by any means, but that price does seem just a LITTLE high. But you can probably talk them down a little more when you are actually ready to do business.

AND WELCOME TO THIS AWESOME BOARD!!!

i would say that is too high.
would figure 8900 to be the high end of what it is worth.
seems like there jacking the price for the add on's
granted getting the exhaust\undertail\puig\tires would cost you new 1000 up.
i can not see them asking this much.

(meluvmybusa @ Nov. 22 2006,16:38)
cool.gif

Thanks guys for all the replies.  Hoping to pick it up this weekend.  They are asking for $10,900 out the door with 2 year warrenty, new tires, and a Scorpion Helmet.

Does that seem to be on the high.
check nada.com, kbb.com, and edmunds.com for used Busa prices. I would say $9,000 max for the bike, extended warranty you probbaly don't want, but it is worth about $400, tires = $300 installed, Helmet about $200. That totals up to $9,900. They are about $1,000 too high for my tastes. Offer them $9,600 for the package and see if they will bite.

Just my .02

P.

Yeah little high on Price I got mine brand new (had to travel though) for 9380.00 pluss tt&l come to about 10,036 total NEW

I have an 05' with 14,000 miles on it. I put on a set of Two Brothers and for a while ran it like that. It did backfire quite a bit; flames out the pipes occasionly; I just had a PC installed and I do notice quite a difference. Haven't had a chance to ride too much since installed but definitely much stronger.

$10900 is too much. I got my 05 for $10400 out the door. I have a PC3 but i put it under the seat. Check there, if it isnt there or under the hump it probably doesnt have one.

I got my stcok 06' for $10,236 OTD. Couldn't bring myself to buy used...not knowing for sure who had been riding it and how, repairs, maintenance, etc.

Keep in mind the exhaust, tail and other stuff is USED so value it as such. Don't let them start in with "if you were to buy this new it would cost".

And don't let them start giving you **** about what it would cost to install. That doesn't matter because it is already installed and somebody paid for it. If they got the bike on a trade-in they likely didn't install it anyway and even if they did the other individual already paid them for it, so don't let them charge you for it again even if it's just a fraction.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
forget how many original miles you said it had on it, but with new front and rear I'd guess close to 10K. Muzzy Pipe. Their asking at least 1K to much and while I agree that to get the most out of the pipe you'd need a PC and dyno, I don't think it worth the money. However the PC is pretty cheap at less than 250.00 and I'm sure there's a map for you out there.
beerchug.gif

Don't understand 3K and new tires. In this area 600.00 for Metzlers installed at the stealership.

(thepushercg @ Nov. 22 2006,12:05) i would say that is too high.  
would figure 8900 to be the high end of what it is worth.
seems like there jacking the price for the add on's
granted getting the exhaust\undertail\puig\tires would cost you new 1000 up.
i can not see them asking this much.
Agree..when you trade it in the first thing they say is: No extra for add on's"..sorry.

So..fully agree. They made money on the add on's already (maybe) so no go at that price. You can probably buy an 07 this winter for that.

Several smokin deals on this site also. 03 LE for 8 something with bags and all. Wish I could buy it myself.

runeight...

GSX1300RK7_Black_000000.jpg

(dadofthree @ Nov. 22 2006,13:22) Don't understand 3K and new tires. In this area 600.00 for Metzlers installed at the stealership.
At 3k on a Busa, tires middle thread can be hitting the wear bars on the tire.

$600.00! You're getting raped...you got the stealership part right.

If I remember correctly "out the door" in Texas means he is paying the Tax on it as well. I think about 6%

Back