PS3 or 360?

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
TA_GunSurgeon @ Jan. 28 2008 said:
1278730[/ATTACH] AM]
Isn't MS dropping the game consol market?
For that reason alone I'd go with PS3.
Ms has the #1 selling system on the market with an averge of 6.5 games per xbox sold. There is no way there dropping the market. I have no idea where you heard that, but it's deffinitly misinformation.
And yet the Entertainment division of Microsoft is losing money. It might be #1 selling but when you have a 30%+ return rate for repair...doesn't matter. Add on the fact that in the gaming industry the consols are sold for a loss and it's the games themselves that the manufacturers make money on and you have problems.
At 6.5 games per console sold they are selling more games per console than any other manufacture out there. So there deffinitly making money on their software. %30 return rate for repair I think would be a little inflated. Where did you get your % from? I've had 2 since it's release never had a problem with either one. As for them getting out of the industry show me the proof. I been gaming for years and keep up with the industry in general. There is no way MS is leaving the console market again where does your info come from?

offtopic.gif
100th post yeah
ThumbsUp.gif
Well according to Microsoft, 3 in 10 units were returned because of a hardware problem. I call that a 30% return rate. Also the 6.5 games sold per console...all made by Microsoft? Or just royalties?
Either way, anybody who follows MS stocks knows that the Entertainment Div who is in control of the Xbox is losing money. Allot of people are saying that it needs to be shutdown or spun off from MS as it's own corp so it stops dragging the stock down.

Edit:
Let me find some links for ya...but a simple search will show ya multiple electronics magazines that follow microsoft commenting on interviews and such.

zzwhip.gif

Back