Proud Dad / Nervous Dad

Warchild

Banned
While I am very excited for her, and VERY proud she has picked up on my insistence for proper gear, proper training, etc..... it STILL makes Dad very nervous to see his 19-year-old daughter on a motorcycle. She has ten's of thousands of miles of experience as a pillion, but after riding down with me to the Busa Stampede last month, she insists she now wants to earn her motorcycle endorsement, and get her own bike. She already has her eye on a late 90's-era Kawasaki Ninja 500.

Here she is on a Honda Rebel 250 (provided by the MSF class) on the MSF Beginner's Course range....

laurynmsf.jpg

This exercise below has her shifting up through third gear and practicing countersteering...

laurynmsf2.jpg

What an emotional rollercoaster.... I am, of course, very proud of this girl, but I am already wringing my hands over the notion of her in traffic on a bike....
unsure.gif

Good for her. I was scared the other year when my wife went to riding school. Now she buts more miles on than me plus moved up from the 250 (looks just like the one in the pix) to a 09 Kawi250r. But she will be fine, just make sure she keeps a eye on everyone else out there on the raods.

I can think of many reasons to agree with the emotional huricane you must be feeling, however there is a bright side you can look at also.

1) She can now go on rides with you side by side.

2) She did not ask/insist that her first bike be a Busa, like so many in this generation do

i think you are much luckier than a lot of parents these days, she seems to really have a good head on her shoulders...this generally means she has had someone in her life that has been a positive role model and has taught her how to think and act like something other than a spoiled child...i think she will be fine

congrats to her for moving toward having and piloting her own ride and to you for having helped to raise a wonderful daughter :beerchug:

That is great.:thumbsup:

Just show her how to properly ride on the roads and teach her all you can. She will be okay.
This means you may have to run your busa at 70mph while you are with her and no showing off.

Congrats, War. Good news for certain; another well-trained, responsible rider amongst us.

:beerchug:

She has had a good teacher to this point. Help her ger accustomed to traffic and she will be fine.

Congrates. Like said above, atleast she has a good roll model to teach her. I see my day coming. My 8 yr old daughter wants to ridde with me all the time and my 2 yr old boy keeps telling me it's not my bike anymore it's his. And that my truck is parked over there, go drive it.:laugh: They grow up so fast, but atleast she is sharing in the same passion you do and can enjoy riding togeher even more.

yep yep...my 12 yr old will be my biker... and she is a hellion lol

sweet deal...everytime you post up pictures of your daUGHTER i THINK WE ALL HAVE TO LOOK... MAKES ME NERVOUSE i HAVE ONE ON THE WAY IN 3 WEEKS

Hmmm..... she is too young for me to let her ride. But then I'm a believer in over protecting a 19 yr old girl. Geez, I would have a huge knot in my stomach every time she starts the bike up........

You can teach her all the safety she needs and riding with you she probably already knows. I know where your coming from though, I get a little nervous when my wife rides her own bike. Especially when she's alone. My Daughter is 23 and I don't think she would be good on a bike of her own. She'd love to have one if their budjet would allow it. Congrats War, You have a riding Buddy.

Back