Projekt is in Manila, PI!!!!!!

never been to p.i., but had a few friends that was assigned to the west pac and told many o' stories about certain basket swings over there :whistle:

What you had is called either"Crispy Pata" or "chicharron bulaklak". It's good, too. Ate "balut" yet?:laugh:

By the way, my wife is from Los Banos, Laguna. If you ever go there, they have the best "Buko" pie (coconut pie). If you like sweets, make sure you try "leche plan". My favorite.

That's exactly it, Crispy pata, I also had "lengua sisig" for dinner last night and got some "pares" soup with rice from a street vendor very early this morning.d

I haven't had the Balut yet but it isn't for lack of trying. I met some people today that showed me some great hospitality and even tried to find balut for me to try in the early part of the day. Apparently, balut is a food primarily consumed at night from street vendors.

The same folks are going to take me to watch "Sabong" (cockfighting) and maybe to watch some horseracing in the AM. Looking to get to Targaytay for a daytrip after that. This trip is too short to fly around the islands or take longer bus trips.. Maybe next time for the more scenic and distant destinations.

Last edited:
That's exactly it, Crispy pata, I also had "lengua sisig" for dinner last night and got some "pares" soup with rice from a street vendor very early this morning.d

I haven't had the Balut yet but it isn't for lack of trying. I met some people today that showed me some great hospitality and even tried to find balut for me to try in the early part of the day. Apparently, balut is a food primarily consumed at night from street vendors.

The same folks are going to take me to watch "Sabong" (cockfighting) and maybe to watch some horseracing in the AM. Looking to get to Targaytay for a daytrip after that. This trip is too short to fly around the islands or take longer bus trips.. Maybe next time for the more scenic and distant destinations.
Filipinos are very famous for their hospitality. Try the "dinuguan", "sinigang", "ginataan", etc. You still have a lot to try and eat. Try also their bar-b-cue on stick. That's very good, too. Please take a picture or better yet, video tape it when you eat balut.:bowdown: I want to hear more about your trip. Have fun while you're there. By the way, how much longer are you staying? Also, what do you have for "pulutan" when you drink San Miguel beer? One more thing, for breakfast, ask for "tocino", or "longanisa" with fried rice. You're gonna love it. Better yet, have "tapsilog".:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Filipinos are very famous for their hospitality. Try the "dinuguan", "sinigang", "ginataan", etc. You still have a lot to try and eat. Try also their bar-b-cue on stick. That's very good, too. Please take a picture or better yet, video tape it when you eat balut.:bowdown: I want to hear more about your trip. Have fun while you're there. By the way, how much longer are you staying? Also, what do you have for "pulutan" when you drink San Miguel beer? One more thing, for breakfast, ask for "tocino", or "longanisa" with fried rice. You're gonna love it. Better yet, have "tapsilog".:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am planning to fly out on Sunday midday but have contemplated trying to leave a bit early.. Not sure yet.
The folks yesterday had a little eatery specializing in barbecue on a stick so I ate a bunch of that (chicken and pork skin) and had some pork in a blood gravy.
As far as pulutan, the Filipino women go well with San Miguel... Haven't been to a regular bar catering to locals yet so I haven't enjoyed the traditional pulutan.

balut.....the food that looks back at you:laugh:
hope u dont get a beak!:poke:

enjoy the scenery bruddah-now, when you guna make the next state-side visit?:whistle:

Back