Price Haggling

gfunko

Registered
Any tips on haggling down the price of a new 2012 Busa or should I settle for close to MSRP with added free gear or service?!

It's summer and riding season is in full swing....dealers are usually in a better mood to negotiate in the off season. Are you willing to buy used and willing to look outisde your local area?

Definitely willing to go outside of the area! I would go used, but I would prefer to just start fresh. All the dealers in the area do not have used Busa's and the selection on craigslist is well...as good as it gets.

Buy in the off season (I bought mine in Jan) and find 2 stealerships that don't like each other, then pit them against each other. If you can turn it into a lowest-price-wins-bidding-war, you win no matter what.

I totally agree with buying in the off season, especially in Dec or Jan because the new models may have been released by then. I guess the only caveat is the 0% financing...but really, I shouldn't let that make me buy a bike for a higher price

Cash is king, if you don't want to pay interest, you shouldn't be financing. The dealerships have you by the balls if they know you are worried about getting the bike while the 0% interest is offered. The other option is to negotiate a price before ever talking about financing. Also depending on your credit, your interest rate shouldn't be too bad anyway, mine is 5%, anything over 7-8% and I walk away, the bike is a toy not a necessity. Walk away from a sales guy and watch how fast he will chase you down to get that sale, it is comical :laugh:

:laugh: No doubt. I just sent the "thank you but I will pass for now" email. I want to see what sort of response I get. I had already said that I wanted to talk price before anything else. I don't need to be sold on this or that or brakes and fuel system that blah blah..

Cash is king, if you don't want to pay interest, you shouldn't be financing. The dealerships have you by the balls if they know you are worried about getting the bike while the 0% interest is offered. The other option is to negotiate a price before ever talking about financing. Also depending on your credit, your interest rate shouldn't be too bad anyway, mine is 5%, anything over 7-8% and I walk away, the bike is a toy not a necessity. Walk away from a sales guy and watch how fast he will chase you down to get that sale, it is comical :laugh:

Suzuki still has zero percent interest if I remember right.. HAGGLE AWAY!!

Tell them you are on the fence between a real bike, and a George Foreman Bass Boat.. :laugh:

Cash talks brother. As far as I know everyone is hurting right now, not to mention that 14R release ...... If I could, I would wait a few months just in case Suzuki answers :whistle:

looks like $13-$14K OTD will be your range so I say buy used for under $9K and you have $5 to play with. :whistle:

Your so close to the 2013 model. Why even buy a 2012 model now The riding season is half over.
Hang in there and you could possibly get the first kawi ass kicking GENIII Busa!!

I personally wouldnt buy a used motorcycle even more so a Hyper Sportbike.. Just read some posts here how some maintain there bikes and there ideas on fixing things.

I don't know why you would want to pay top dollar for a 2012 when it's the same bike as an 08', find a "adult owned" 08" and paint it if you don't like the color, you'll still be ahead of the game. And anyone who finances a toy in this economic climate needs their head examined..:banghead:alcoholic:cents:

Your so close to the 2013 model. Why even buy a 2012 model now The riding season is half over.
Hang in there and you could possibly get the first kawi ass kicking GENIII Busa!!

I personally wouldnt buy a used motorcycle even more so a Hyper Sportbike.. Just read some posts here how some maintain there bikes and there ideas on fixing things.

What is this "riding season" that you speak of? :laugh:

I would wait until the 2013 came out to see if Suzuki makes any upgrades. If they dont, leftover 2012's will be marked down. I got my leftover 2011 this past Feb. for something like 11,600 otd. Tax, title, tags and all

talk to your bank and see if they will give you $12k. then you have cash in hand, and with that comes a little negotiating power.

I found two brand new bikes listed on ebay. Printed out the specifics and took them with me to a couple local dealers. Found one that would match the ebay price out the door. Worked out pretty well for me.

Good luck

Or you can buy mine i just bought it in April. 2200 miles on it and it's still brand new. 12 and it's yours.

IMAG0442.jpg

Back