Fair price for Friends 2006... ?

ItsPaul

Registered
Friends selling his 2006 (black with the burgundy on it)
Dont have a pic at the moment butbits as clean as a stock photo would be
Its a MINT condition, dealer serviced since new and just had all its major service work done.
100% stock with new tires.. Has 52k on the odometer tho....
He wants 5,000 for it...
Fair price?...
Ive worked with him for 20 years... Remember the day he bought it ....
Trust the bike totally...
I just want to make sure theres plenty life left and its a fair price...
Im jot going to haggle on price.. Just get it or not...
I never got the 99 i was asking about because I couldnt get any of the past details or if the starter upgrade or cct were replaced etc...
As far as I know the '06 has no major issues right?
Thanks!...

No issues with '03 and newer models and
I personally know many Busa owners that
have gone past the 100k mark. $5,000 is
a good price for a bike like you described.

Good luck with the sale but I don't see it selling 4 that price. There's been guys on here selling Gen1's with less than 10k miles for basically the same price and got no offers. The bottom has fell out on the value of busa's. There's guys right now that can't get rid of Gen2 busa's for 7grand...... lately I've been seeing Gen1 busas's posted on CL for 4-4500 and they've been sitting on there 4 months. Not trying 2 come across pessimistic just giving you my opinion.

Good luck with the sale but I don't see it selling 4 that price. There's been guys on here selling Gen1's with less than 10k miles for basically the same price and got no offers. The bottom has fell out on the value of busa's. There's guys right now that can't get rid of Gen2 busa's for 7grand...... lately I've been seeing Gen1 busas's posted on CL for 4-4500 and they've been sitting on there 4 months. Not trying 2 come across pessimistic just giving you my opinion.
where do u live?

Go on CL and check out the Pittsburgh area. Type in hayabusa you'll see what comes up. Average busa's between 10-20k miles, slip ons, etc. Typical mods.

My local CL has nothing but a few gen 2's for prob 8-9k and up...
Im coming up pretty dry here....
Mainly I'm making sure its a "Fair" deal for Myself and my friend...
Im ok not getting it for the best deal... Mainly just dont want to buy something near the end of its life (ive heard they go 100k +) or grossly overpay

It sounds like an adult driven , very well maintained bike to me. $5K sounds like a good deal for both of you to me. You trust the guy and he's saying it's in great shape and if you trust the guy, then I say it's a good deal sir. Second gear would be the greatest concern for me. If second gear is good , you should be good.

The thing is Dado said the KBB value on it is $7300..??? Not denying what KBB thinks it's worth I just believe that price is over inflated based on the current market for a Gen1 busa. What worries me the most is a Gen1 busa with that many miles and never had any internal work done I.E. Undercutting of the transmission makes me wonder how much life is left in that tranny?? When it goes if it already hasn't started to is gonna set you back some $$$. Now your $5k bike just jumped up to $6-6.5k

Idk? maybe I just have a biased opinion towards it because I paid $5grand for my Gen1 busa 4 years ago with less than 8kmiles on it....

I think we all understand where you stand :laugh:

Make sure second gear is alright and buy it brother. 52K miles on a well taken care of Busa is nothing. I ride the piss out of mine and have over 56K miles. Expect to get a lot more pleasure out of her.

Where's sleeperred :poke:

kbb prices are vastly overinflated. If you want to use kbb, you need to look at trade in value for dealer, that is as close as kbb will get you to an actual price that makes sense for private party.

3 years ago I paid 5500$ for a 6 year old gen1 with 11k miles on it.

So maybe you could find another bike that is similar for 4 grand but you do not know the owner and do not know if it has been beat on. So from 4 to 5k you are looking at paying 20% more than the best deal out there on a Busa you know the history off. I guess that is what it comes down to. Is it worth an extra grand to now the person and the bike and trust both? If so, you found yourself a good value.

What is the 2nd gear issue?.. Jumping out?
Owner is in his 50's and ive gone through the canyons many a time with him when i had a bike.. Last 5 bikes actually...
Hes almost as afraid of it today as he was at the end of '05 when he bought it...
Once you say what the issue is ill ask him but he would have anything noticeable fixed...
I even rode the thing by chance a few months ago...
I really miss my zx14 and i havent had a Hayabusa so thought this could be a fun commuter :beerchug:

They jump out of second gear when you run it hard. He'll know if it's hurt. But you could take it for a test ride around the block.

Back