Prayers requested

vman1300

Never Forgotten
One of my employees, Brad, just got the call, his dad has brain cancer. Surgery has been scheduled for next Friday. I know nothing about brain cancer, but I know 1st had what hearing that word does to someone that is facing a battle. Brad is not a member here, but he is more than an employee, he is a good friend.

Prayers sent man. Brain cancer can be pretty ugly. My uncle passed away last year when his bone marrow cancer metastisized (sp?) and broke through the blood brain barrier. It was within weeks of it breaking the barrier that he died. He was like a father to me and I know how it felt to hear that.

sorry to hear that my grandma has brain cancer( with other types) they used something called a gamma knife if it works it kills the cancer in its spot with no chance of returning... from what i understand. Best wishes for his dad hope evething works out. prayers sent.

Find out the exact dx. Some are amenable to therapy. In my experience, the nicest people get GBM, glioblastoma multiforme. it can be fixed in the short term, but the time it buys is a "farewell tour." If he has mets (metastasized cells ie spread)... its logathymicly more difficult to control. As they say, if the horse is out of the barn...

My prayers will be with him. If he does leave the hospital, tell him to live life like theres no tomorrow... grip it and rip it... drive it like you stole it... Most people dont have the chance to say good bye and still have the physical ability (due to phyisical ailment) to live life to the fullest.

Thanks all, being a cancer patient myself, I am familiar with a few treatments that work for both what I have(stg IV colon) and brain lesions/tumors. I mentioned to Brad to have his dad talk with his surgeon about Cyber Knife. I am sure it is similar to the Gamma as well.

I have quite a few friends that have been treated with cyber knife are are living the NED(no evidence of disease) lifestyle.

Thanks for the prayers and I will post up any info I can on type, staging etc.

Update from Brad:

"Thanks for all the well wishes

He got a call last night from the doc, at his house :weird I found out from my mom this morning. Aparently he's going to have all his ducks lined up before he shares the news with me, and my sister.

He's got to go back for a consultation today and get his surgery finalized. They are pretty sure it HAS NOT spread, and that they will be able to remove it. They said it's a pretty rare form, found in older people, usually men. It's like a syst with cancer that they think they can go in and remove and be done with it. Hopefully that's true. I appreciate all the well wishes, and for those that are going through the same with their families, my prayers go out for YOU. I hope no one ever has to get news like this, EVER.

My heart literally fell in the floor yesterday, I need my Dad here I really hope this is something small, I guess we'll find out more today"

sad.gif

Back