Power commander II problem

Hope you get the problem fixed. Cheese is a good tuner and knows his stuff.
Hey I want to thank you also, for a start in the right direction.
THANX
super.gif
Hey no problem, I was just trying to help someone out. I'm glad JC stepped in to help you though, cause I know that he could help you better then I ever could. Still let us know how it turns out.

Don't forget to use the buttons on your PCII to fine tune it when you get the map in...

I had issues finding the right map, but I ended up getting it pretty smooth by tuning it with the buttons.

Simply load the map and then if you smell gass in certain ranges. Take note of what RPM band you were in. If you were rich in the mid range (4-7k), hold down the center button and drop it a bar. One bar makes a big difference, so take it one notch at a time appropraitaly... When you first turn the PCII on and you go to tune it, you will find that the bars are all at 0. This is to indicate the deviation from the map loaded. So when you drop a bar in the mid, you are leaning the map out in those ranges...

Give it a go!

Cloud

Hope you get the problem fixed. Cheese is a good tuner and knows his stuff.
Hey I want to thank you also, for a start in the right direction.
THANX
super.gif
Hey no problem, I was just trying to help someone out. I'm glad JC stepped in to help you though, cause I know that he could help you better then I ever could. Still let us know how it turns out.
First I want to,really, again thank "the cheese" for the help. everone really respects your technical abilities.

And you deserve props too. tnx

Don't forget to use the buttons on your PCII to fine tune it when you get the map in...

I had issues finding the right map, but I ended up getting it pretty smooth by tuning it with the buttons.

Simply load the map and then if you smell gass in certain ranges. Take note of what RPM band you were in. If you were rich in the mid range (4-7k), hold down the center button and drop it a bar. One bar makes a big difference, so take it one notch at a time appropraitaly... When you first turn the PCII on and you go to tune it, you will find that the bars are all at 0. This is to indicate the deviation from the map loaded. So when you drop a bar in the mid, you are leaning the map out in those ranges...

Give it a go!

Cloud

<span style='color:firebrick'>About the buttons on the PCII.</span>

Mine seem to be stuck at the bottom. When the map uploads the final step is resting the buttons, so the application says. But when I look at it the very bottom one is lit. If it’s resting it shouldn’t it go back to center?
Hmm...
Even with that it seems to be better than before. The first map I received "The Cheese" seems the closest. Still a light smell of gas at idle and 3-6k it’s like its gulping. For example if you pour water out of a glass it will come out somewhat in a stream (right?). But if you were to drink it you would have swallow it in portions in which you need to gulp it. Or as if the gas is injected by drippy faucet. I know that sounds funny but that’s what it feels like when trying to hold the bike at one consistent speed.

<!--EDIT|pyrrhic
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092378638 -->

let me know how you make out
When you said <span style='color:royalblue'>let me know how you make out</span>, I was like, people are really interested. I must have overlooked or didnt receive it at that time. However just checked me mail bag, (hehehe me-mail-bag) and low-N-behold <span style='color:blue'>atticdog</span> with <span style='color:royalblue'>"try this one"</span>. I going now to give it a try. TNX
hot.gif

thats mo-betta engrish

<!--EDIT|pyrrhic
Reason for Edit: "must be writting too fast many mistakes"|1092386126 -->

let me know how you make out
When you said <span style='color:royalblue'>let me know how you make out</span>, I was like, people are really interested. I must have overlooked it or didnt receive it when I did look. However just checked me mail bag, (hehehe me-mail-bag) and low-N-behold <span style='color:blue'>atticdog</span> with "try this one". I going now to give it a try. TNX
hot.gif
WOOHOO!
jump9.gif

This is real close, At idle it still seems rich, putting out some dark smoke. And only between 3k and 4k its herky-jerky. Over 4k it seems all good.
Maybe my jets need cleaning. Any recommendations ?

that is the biggest problem with a PC2 by using the sensors to add and subtract fuel no two bikes will ever be the same due to weather.
PC2 really do need a custom map.
I did have some customers mix and match several different maps. like one ran good at 3K other one ran good at 5K and just made their own .

that is the biggest problem with a PC2 by using the sensors to add and subtract fuel no two bikes will ever be the same due to weather.
PC2 really do need a custom map.
I did have some customers mix and match several different maps. like one ran good at 3K other one ran good at 5K and just made their own .
Yea, I see what you mean.

So how much better is the PCIII compared to the PCII? besides having USB.
mmm, usb, more universal. oooo

It seems to be running great. still a slight smell of gas. Gonna ride it (it about time I can) and see how for I can get on a tank of gas.

But I got some great responses and suggestion.
THANKS ALL
I AM going to get the PCIII. Hopefully I can use the info I got from y'all on it also. It be ok, right ?

Man, I'm still only getting less than 16 miles a gallon. When it stopped at a long light and the bike heats up its starting running ruff again. What the hell is worng ?
sad.gif

spiderman.....stop FUGGIN' around. stop reading pm's.
stop reading emails . stop installing bullshid on yer PC II.

TAKE IT TO THE PRO TUNER....if he has even half a bobo, he will get it going good .

Dont buy a III just yet . Find a dyno/sniffer combo.

STOP wasting yer time....take it to the tuner....

that, or take that shiddy fuggin' pipe off....

hav a less gassy 1.....RSD.

<span style='color:red'>*rubbersidedown*</span> You might be right and I will take that under advise. I just thought since there seem to be so many techs here (at HAYABUSA.ORG) I could get some help. But just like a long distant relationship it just wont work, so they say.( its all good ). I just wanted to keep that $450 dollars towards some wheels but I guess that will have to wait AGAIN. I've been trying to get some wheel for well over a year now. And something always seem to come up. YES $450.00 for PowerComander Map tunning, here in Tokyo. I talked to some one back home that said he got it done for about $90. hmmm.... a lil' difference.

I may not be able to keep that setup on for shaken (called Registration in the states). Here excessive noice is ilegal, if you can believe that. Will see, I'm gonna run it through just to see. that not until October.

I'm still interested in suggestions if anyone has you.

Back