Power commander II problem

pyrrhic

Registered
I purchased HMF "X" collector 4;2;1;2 High exit 4" Round Carbon mufflers and installed Power commander II on my 2000 model. I tried several different maps form powercommander.com but it sill runs like sh*t. Its running so rich that you can smell the gas. I am getting less than half the miles on a full tank of gas than with the stock setup.

Can some one instruct me on what steps I should take to fix this or have a map that works.

Thanx for the heads up and links.

Its good to be here.

Finally found a messageboard all talking about the busa.

Oh yea the international links.
Found one fairly close, It may take me two full tanks of gas to go 60 miles but Im going tomorrow.
Thanx fellas. I really didnt expect to get a response for this and in the same day. WOOHOO!

pipefighter248  is the GREATEST. Thanx for everything, I think this may work.

Looked at PowerCommanders website, Obviously I havent looked at it for some time, I saw that they have IIIusb version for the 2000 model. Which at the time I bought mine they didn't. That tells you how long I've problems with it.
blush.gif

oh tnx all for the fast acting relief,
laugh.gif
 I mean quick respondes. I let y'all know if all went well.

<!--EDIT|pyrrhic
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092168325 -->

Ok here's the skinny.
I got some beneficial info from<span style='color:limegreen'>pipefighter248</span>
super.gif
so I gave it a try. It was (most likely) for PCIII which I couldn’t upload. So I got the new firmware and gave it a try again.
sad.gif
Yeap, its gotta be for PCIII.  
I decided to try something.
idea3.gif
I loaded The <span style='color:red'>M304-005Titanium Force full.map</span> and took all the fuel settings that I got from <span style='color:limegreen'>pipefighter248</span>
super.gif
and added them to the M304-005 map. I was able to upload the new map to my PCII and it made a vast improvement.  It wasn’t exact but allot better.

I did all this at my friends’ house. Cause I don’t have a laptop with a serial port on it. As I was riding home I was feeling like <span style='color:blue'>WOW</span>, I could start riding it on a regular basis. I went check my mileage trip counter it showed that I was getting 4.2 kilometers per liter. So I reset the trip2 counter when I was at a red light and it was like the map in my PCII was erased and it went back a blank map or something.
AAAssjani.gif
Now I have to go back to my friends and see if that’s what happen and re-upload again. WHY.......

Is that possible that the reset button on the trip counter could also rest my PCII at the same time. Has that happen to anyone else ? Anyway, I'm going to give it another go tomorrow, I'll let you know what happens then.
same bat time.....
same bat channel.....

super.gif

Ok here's the skinny.
I got some beneficial info from<span style='color:limegreen'>pipefighter248</span>
super.gif
so I gave it a try. It was (most likely) for PCIII which I couldn’t upload. So I got the new firmware and gave it a try again.
sad.gif
idea3.gif
I loaded The <span style='color:red'>M304-005Titanium Force full.map</span> and took all the fuel settings that I got from <span style='color:limegreen'>pipefighter248</span>
super.gif
and added them to the M304-005 map. I was able to upload the new map to my PCII and it made a vast improvement.  It wasn’t exact but allot better.

I did all this at my friends’ house. Cause I don’t have a laptop with a serial port on it. As I was riding home I was feeling like <span style='color:blue'>WOW</span>, I could start riding it on a regular basis. I went check my mileage trip counter it showed that I was getting 4.2 kilometers per liter. So I reset the trip2 counter when I was at a red light and it was like the map in my PCII was erased and it went back a blank map or something.
AAAssjani.gif
Now I have to go back to my friends and see if that’s what happen and re-upload again. WHY.......

Is that possible that the reset button on the trip counter could also rest my PCII at the same time. Has that happen to anyone else ? Anyway, I'm going to give it another go tomorrow, I'll let you know what happens then.
same bat time.....
same bat channel.....
Dang, I'm sorry. I must have overlooked that you had PC2. It was for PC3. I haven't heard of the pc doing that unless it is starting to go bad. Maybe one of the board tuners will chime in and try to help you out.

super.gif

Ok here's the skinny.
super.gif
sad.gif
idea3.gif
super.gif

AAAssjani.gif

same bat time.....
same bat channel.....
Dang, I'm sorry. I must have overlooked that you had PC2. It was for PC3. I haven't heard of the pc doing that unless it is starting to go bad. Maybe one of the board tuners will chime in and try to help you out.
That would be nice.
But Im going anyway to try and I might just have to buy the PCIII. and that is looking more and more what the next step to do.

super.gif

The Cheese has sent me a "<span style='color:firebrick'>care-package</span>". so I'm off to see the wizard<span style='color:red'>(my friend with laptop that has a serial port on it)</span> taking along with me the "<span style='color:firebrick'>care-package</span>". and gonna give it a go. No need to cross my fingers cause I got the "care-package".
No really, thanx for your help.<span style='color:firebrick'>Im still kinda stund on the quick replies and fast assistants</span> I LIKE IT.

The Cheese has sent me a "<span style='color:firebrick'>care-package</span>". so I'm off to see the wizard<span style='color:red'>(my friend with laptop that has a serial port on it)</span> taking along with me the "<span style='color:firebrick'>care-package</span>". and gonna give it a go. No need to cross my fingers cause I got the "care-package".
No really, thanx for your help.<span style='color:firebrick'> Im still kinda stund on the quick replies and fast assistants</span> I LIKE IT.
shoot I forgot to send the other email. Dang I am home now I will send it in the morning for me

No really, thanx for your help.<span style='color:firebrick'> Im still kinda stund on the quick replies and fast assistants</span> I LIKE IT.
shoot I forgot to send the other email. Dang I am home now I will send it in the morning for me
Dont worriy about it. I couldnt put the first one you gave me because my friend stood me up today. I waited for him, in front of his house, for two and a ahlf hours before he called me and said he was going to be late. I was like "what the....... So when is good for you". He said that he will be home from mid morning till early afternoon. so.....
For tonight I'm just gonna THANK-THE-CHEESE. And tomorrow give it another go.

Back