Powdercoat pics

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
I was able to go put my rearsets and passenger pegs on today that I had TMPowdercoating do for me. The quality is awesome, and IMO they look great. I didn't bring my key with me so I could only get some crappy pics while it was in the trailer, but it ended up giving me the idea of having a checkered flag painted along the bottom of the bike and fading upward to the factory colors. :whistle::whistle: I will have better pictures in the next couple of weeks if we can get a warm day here soon, but for now these pics will have to do!

005.jpg

009.jpg

012.jpg

Looks great ! Did you have you shifter powdercoated ? I am curious if the plastic rotator inside the pressed on link held up to the bake ? I had my stuff done as well and the shop here was scared to do shifter as they thought the thing would melt. So in the end I simply painted it as well as input link on engine side, but I want to PC these two things to get a more durable coating on them.

I also put some frame plugs in as I think they kind of help black everything out.

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 014.jpg

Blanca's new shoes 11.09 005.jpg

Last edited:
They turned out good:beerchug: When I first got my bike I pulled all the rearsets off and took them completely apart so I could get them powdercoated. When I showed up at the PC shop the guy flipped out on how many little parts there were and wanted $300 to do them (fronts and rears)??? So I just got some vortex rearsets.

Looks great ! Did you have you shifter powdercoated ? I am curious if the plastic rotator inside the pressed on link held up to the bake ? I had my stuff done as well and the shop here was scared to do shifter as they thought the thing would melt. So in the end I simply painted it as well as input link on engine side, but I want to PC these two things to get a more durable coating on them.

I also put some frame plugs in as I think they kind of help black everything out.
Yeah he did the shifter. Everything came out fine. He pulled the rubber caps off the shifter and did them like that. I will be ordering the frame plugs in the next couple of weeks.(Have to get christmas presents for everyone else):whistle::whistle:

They turned out good:beerchug: When I first got my bike I pulled all the rearsets off and took them completely apart so I could get them powdercoated. When I showed up at the PC shop the guy flipped out on how many little parts there were and wanted $300 to do them (fronts and rears)??? So I just got some vortex rearsets.
If it would have cost me $300 I wold have done the same thing!! That would be crazy to spend that much!!

Looks good Brandon

And I think you may be on too something with that Flag Idea.

Yes def after looking again and again I agree some ghost checkers in your blue paint would look sweet. Just make sure you get somone who knows what they are doing as ghost checkers/flames or hidden colors can be very hard to make look right.

I also powdercoated my adjuster. all i had to do when i assembled was sand the top and bottom for an easy fit...

you are on to something with the checkered flag thing! :thumbsup:

Looks good. I just got mine back last night from TM Powdercoating. He does amazing work. I will be getting some pics of both bikes when I get some good weather.

man I just got mine a couple adays ago. Tmpowdercoating did mine when I install them I will post pics.

looks great!! we are starting on Lucy on Saturday morning, looking forward to the end results :thumbsup:

They did a great job! I like the idea of a ghost checker board painted into the lower half of your fairing too.:thumbsup::beerchug:

Back