Please Donate to Haiti Relief Efforts

oskala

Banned
Please donate to the Haiti relief effort to help save our Haitian Brothers and Sisters. Even a small donation of $10 will go a long way to help out. Orgs. such as the International Red Cross, Unicef, and the Salvation Army are ligit orgs. who will put your money to good use. Thanks in Advance! :thumbsup:

It is gut wrenching to watch the videos and hear the people on the mic from inside buildings.
Makes me wish I was there but if I was I dont know what i would do.
Sad hand been dealt to them.

Keep up the donations and prayers!!

"As of midday Thursday, the Red Cross had raised some $3 million in donations via its text message campaign: Text "Haiti" to 90999, and a $10 donation is added to your cell phone bill. The mechanism is so wonderfully simple -- removing credit cards and PayPal accounts from the equation entirely -- that donations have flooded in. Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti, meanwhile, is leveraging the same technology: Text "YELE" to 501501 to make a $5 donation."

Haiti quake relief: How technology helps - CNN.com

The Red Cross is an excellent organization to donate to! Your funds will be properly directed and used where it is most dire in need.

Quite a few of the year round Red Cross volunteers (full timers we call 'em) that are serving w/ me in Thailand have been redirected to Haiti to assist in the relief efforts there.
I kind of wish I could go, but my GF is here in Thailand w/ me and she got me the volunteer position that I am currently helping out at through the Red Cross hospital she works at. So I will be staying and doing what I can for those in need in Thailand & Singapore.

I wish the people of Haiti a quick turn around and pray for those that lost their lives :please:

why don't we merge this thread with the other Haiti thread?

We can merge this thread with SouthSide Playa's Haiti Thread but I don't think it would hurt to have a couple of "Help Haiti" threads going?

What everyone wants to do with combining these threads is fine with me. The main thing is that we help the Haitians as much as possible. :thumbsup:

I think it needs to be mentioned that in times of disasters, the scammers come out of the woodwork wanting to take your money for themselves :sneaky:. Please make your donations, as mentioned by the OP, to long time, established, legitimate organizations. Home grown relief efforts that you may be closely involved in are good too, mainly for clothes and food donations!

Cash donations are usually the best way to help though!

Back