Planning my trip for next year...Artic Circle....solo....

You are a braver sole than I. I would not do a trip like that solo. I would do it with a good buddy.

Have you ever ridden on ice and snow? I have, on street tires, and even with dirt tires... it's work.
It gets old riding on solid ice with street or dirt tires, as you have almost no traction at all. Snow isn't nearly as bad as ice, but it'll still wear you out. Depends on how wet or dry it is.
I'm talking about playing on the roads close to home too(dirt and paved), I can't imagine riding that far.
Isn't your bike lowered too? Ground clearance will be an issue either way.
I have ridden all my sport and dirtbikes(including the Busa)on snow covered roads and most of them on ice. All of them, and the Busa have also been offroad as far as ground clearance will allow. I'm all for riding every bike on every terrain, and I enjoy it. There comes a point though when the ride becomes work and is no longer fun, because the particular bike doesn't perform as well in certain environments.
I respect your motivation and I see you're experienced at touring. I'de say go for it, but on a dual sport. Being a small woman on heavy sport/sport touring bike without alot of ground clearance, as well as weighed down with supplies is going to get old quick as weather conditions decline.
I'm sure you are capable of accomplishing it, I just think the Busa will take alot of the fun out of your trip.
Good luck!:thumbsup:

001 (2).jpg

033.jpg

022.jpg

030.jpg

034.jpg

Back