My plan for the next bike

IG.

Registered
I love my '01 and have no plans to replace her. I just read in Motorcyclist magazine that Kawi is about to come out with a supercharged 1500 by next season.

I am exstatic. Because I know that Suzuki will respond with their version of supercharged 'Busa (maybe even working on it now). And then some poor schmuck will buy it, will get scared and will put her up for sale. And that's when I will strike with a cash offer he won't refuse - snatching the new supercharged 'Busa with just a few miles - for a lot less than the sticker price. Yum!

Kawi wont come out with one.As far as i hear, its just speculation.Not saying its not possible but dont think it will be production.

they have been supercharging jet skis for years now so forced induction is nothing new. its probably another 1-2 years out but forced induction is the only real way to make more power reliably these days and still be used as a daily driver. they have been talking about this for a couple years now. it will happen. when exactly? thats anyones guess....

they have been supercharging jet skis for years now so forced induction is nothing new. its probably another 1-2 years out but forced induction is the only real way to make more power reliably these days and still be used as a daily driver. they have been talking about this for a couple years now. it will happen. when exactly? thats anyones guess....

I think there is alot more power left in the busa's engine without having to go the route of forced induction. Look at the amount of power the 600cc and 1000cc bikes make.

I love my '01 and have no plans to replace her. I just read in Motorcyclist magazine that Kawi is about to come out with a supercharged 1500 by next season.

I am exstatic. Because I know that Suzuki will respond with their version of supercharged 'Busa (maybe even working on it now). And then some poor schmuck will buy it, will get scared and will put her up for sale. And that's when I will strike with a cash offer he won't refuse - snatching the new supercharged 'Busa with just a few miles - for a lot less than the sticker price. Yum!

I like the way you Think!
:-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I don't see supercharging a 1400 cc engine. seems like you would supercharge a 750 or something. After all this would be a stock street bike. Supercharge a 1400 and you're in the 300 hp area, too much for anyone but a very experienced rider. Also what is a 1400 engine missing, hp, mid-range?

Has anyone ever told you

You are quite the Optimist

I am indeed, and that's how I got my '01 - $7500 cash in Dec of '03 with only 800 miles plus full Micron system and PC already installed. It took months of search, and what seemed like an ebay spam turned out to be a gem about 30 miles from where I lived.

I think there is alot more power left in the busa's engine without having to go the route of forced induction. Look at the amount of power the 600cc and 1000cc bikes make.

The problem is that I don't want to sacrifice reliability. I believe OEM supercharger setup will be more reliable than any aftermarket turbo setup.

I agree, there is always room to make more power in small increments but if Kawi comes out with a blower bike then Suzuka could never compete. there would be no need for such a large displacement with a blower.

look at the car world. all the new cars coming out making BIG power have blowers or turbos on them. over time bikes will be no different. Chit, even Cadi has a blower. Who would have ever thought that would happen? Or even a Ford Taurus with TT's now. Its the direction the performance world is heading. Bikes will be no exception.

I don't see supercharging a 1400 cc engine. seems like you would supercharge a 750 or something. After all this would be a stock street bike. Supercharge a 1400 and you're in the 300 hp area, too much for anyone but a very experienced rider. Also what is a 1400 engine missing, hp, mid-range?

I think it's not just a stock street bike, and I think given a choice most of us would snap a more powerful bike. If they increase displacement to let's say 1500 that would produce reliable and easy going 200-220. Add a really small amount of induction, let's say 5 psi, and you can increase that power by about 70 hp, and with 10 psi - extra 140 hp. How about A/B/C switch - A - all motor (210 hp), B - 5psi (270 hp), C - 10 psi (350 hp)?

You know when I want to change my speed from 100 to 150 this takes an awful amount of time - I don't know - 6-7 sec, maybe more. How about if I could do it in 3 sec? See what I mean?

How about if I want to do a wheelie in 3rd or 4th? Not happening now. LOL

Back