pictures from Deals Gap

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
had a great sunday/monday not very crowded at all.. (due to the expected bad weather I suppose) saw a few busas monday.. but don't think they were from here... and we were loading up to leave when we saw them anyway.

hit the cherahola, & foothills, fontana dam.. etc. and wore the dragon out of course.. no problems... only one scary moment as I hit a hole in the pavement at full lean in the middle of a turn... scary! other than that everything was A-ok! Wish you guys coulda made it.

-the obligatory "on the trailer at the overlook" shot

trailer.jpg

They were letting the level of the water down this week.. Made for some awesome shots of the dams.

smaller_spillway.jpg

fontana dam.. frikken awesome.. Never realized how big that dam was... 400+ feet tall.. that big water spray down there is 150 feet high, and moving at 95mph. They let the water go down this big mutha of a water slide and squirt it up in the air like that to slow down the erosion in the spill way. Frikken awesome.

fontana_big.jpg

more bike pics.. this one is at the bottom of the dam in front of the big honkin' water flume thing

fontana_combo.jpg

mike shows why tall dudes go thru more knee sliders than us short folk on the TL

mike_02.jpg

ahhhh.. the two days wasn't enough I wish I coulda stayed a few more days...

-sigh
sad.gif

sunset.jpg

Back